What the...?

G

Gr8Tr1x

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A view at the garden this afternoon.

DROOOOOOOOOOOOL..............

Isn't that a beauty? First time I've seen digital in use on a view camera. Man, image how much easier that would be to handle out in the field than those darned 4x5 sheet films were!

I still have a 4x5 Speed Graphic and sometimes I think I may still put it to use one more time. I still have all my 4x5 b&w darkroom stuff (Besler MX). It was fun to get into the darkroom and make majic. And yes I would like to play with that new toy!

G

Gr8Tr1x

Here's the original.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yeah, I figured you were toying with us, you stinker!!!! :biggrin: I looked carefully at that image and thought, "eh? If this field camera were using a digital back it would look different and if it were a totally digital camera it would look different in another way!" I suspected a bit of tinkering in PS... Oh, well... I still loved the looks of that beautiful field camera anyway!

When I arrived in the classroom the first day of my Large Format class Lo these many moons ago, I groaned at the sight of the hefty trunk we were issued and at the prospect of lugging the field camera and all the gear around..... Bought a Polaroid back for the thing, which helped enormously when shooting my assignments so that I'd get an idea from the get-go if I were reasonably close to what I was envisioning in terms of composition, etc..... Spent a fair amount of time in the darkened bathroom loading up the sheet film prior to setting out on a shoot.... Hauled a heavy Bogen tripod along, too, of course. Spent a LOT of time fiddling with exposures, composition, etc.....fiddled with the bellows adjustments, fiddled with everything.....

And, by gum, I learned SO much from that 4x5 field camera and that course and loved the resolution and quality of the images! When the time came to turn the camera back in I really hated to say goodbye to it! Resisted the urge to run out and buy myself a field camera right then and there. Even now when I see a sweet 4x5 field camera out there I am wistful.....

Right now digital backs for those things are pretty pricey and it will be a long time before we see -- if we ever do -- a completely digital 4x5 field camera....but, oh, wouldn't it be loverly.....

My first impression was that it was fake because of the brightness of the LCD in direct sunlight. All that other stuff escaped me :rolleyes:

Latest posts