what to charge for prints

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrtac2man, Dec 13, 2005.

1. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    did some 4X6's of the grand kids for xmas card inserts.. now other people what some done. whats a fair price (don't want to scare people away) but would like to make some money to help with cost of ink and paper and my time... thanks in advance for any info

Tim

2. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    here is the picture

let me know what you think

[​IMG]

Tim

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Are you talking about doing the photo shoot for the other folks...

4. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    Yes Gale have several Familys that want prints done..

Tim

5. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    Looks slightly soft and underexposed to my eyes Tim, the tree and ornaments seem to be in better focus then the children. Cute kids though

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well I have to agree with a bit of back focus.

How about 25 dollars a shoot. (15 minutes)

Put a 4x6 300dpi sized and put on a cd and give them that and they can go to wal-mart and print a gazillion for 15-29 cents

Saves you time, paper, ink, and hassle.

7. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    Tim, just took the image into photoshop. A little levels adjustment and it looks much better. May be worth a bit of a play. The faces USM quite well too so it just needs a little work.

8. marc

marc Guest

tim

do not want to burst anyone's bubble but,

maybe 5-10 dollars, maybe

we shot 250 family and santa photos on sunday, gave a free 4x6 to everyone, then asked them to contribute $5 for a cd with photo, $5 was going to charity. only 30 bought it

most people want something for nothing, but wont give $5 to charity to have photo on cd they can give to anyone.

the pictures were good, sharp, coloful, well cropped, good light

it makes you wonder. i am happy to give of my time and service, but you never know.

well good luck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2005
  9. You are right abou that Mark. Everyone wants something for nothing. If it were me, I would have bought the CD and had pictures made from it. How generous can that be? I guess families were not thinking that they could get many more pictures in their hands had they taken the CD providing that would be okay.

10. marc

marc Guest

thanks for your support

we were going to give the cd money to american cancer society and we advertised that

do you like the pictures

11. Next year get the money up front

$5 for charity to get a photo of Jr. with Santa is cheap. I'm sure the mall Santas charge a lot more than that.

The pics are good except the BG color is kind of blah and not very festive looking.

Don

12. Yes I like the pictures. The only thing I see on number two is the girls are not sitting up straight but then again, maybe Santa's lap was not big enough fot the two girls. Otherwise very nice exposure and contrast.

Thanks for sharing.

13. marc

marc Guest

well, you use what you are given

not my choice

14. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    I think prices for photos depends on where you are located also. Here in NYC, $5.00 barely gets you on to the subway for the day.

$25 for 15 minutes sounds like an OK sitting tme...even a bargain.

-JM