what to charge??

Discussion in 'People' started by mrtac2man, Jun 6, 2007.

1. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    Been asked by a Friend who works for a realitor to take pictures of the people in her office so they can have new bussiness cards made.. what kind of a rate should I give them?? would be a good start for me..so don't want to be too cheap .. but don't want to come in to high.. thanks in advance for any input..

2. I'd ask to put my contact info on the cards, Seems like a great advertising opportunity with new home buyers/sellers in the area. Those cards could be passed out to lots of new potential customers, and perhaps get you a bit of a deal should you be buying or selling in the future.
    On the other hand, I couldn't photograph my way out of something that would be easy to photograph ones way out of... if there was such a thing. A friend of mine from another forum has a signature that says, "When I give you my advice, ask yourself, "What the hell does he know"?". Heck maybe I'll steal that tag line for my posts!

3. Getson

Getson

Oct 10, 2006
    Halifax, NS
    My advice would be to take into consideration how long it's going to take you to shoot and process the images, add any possible travel expenses and charge an overall price based on what you feel your time is worth per hour.

So if it take you 3 hours to travel, shoot and process....charge like $60. Something like that. It's your time they're paying for. What do you think you're worth?