What to do with 35mm camera?

Guys/Girls,

I have a 35mm Canon Rebel G that just sits in its case. Has a couple of zoom lenses, filters, flash etc. I have no use for it anymore and don't know what to do with it. Is there a market for it these days? List it on craigslist perhaps??

Thanks,
Jonny

Put it on craigslist. I've been thinking about getting my dad a film camera. He's really old (like almost 70) and having to explain to him the workings of digital is too much. I'd rather have him just point, shoot and print.

Though I plan to get him a Nikon at some point and probably get him a 35 or a 50 lens.

Do you have any papers on your desk that are likely to fly away in a breeze?

LOL :tongue:

Put it on craigslist. I've been thinking about getting my dad a film camera. He's really old (like almost 70) and having to explain to him the workings of digital is too much. I'd rather have him just point, shoot and print.

Though I plan to get him a Nikon at some point and probably get him a 35 or a 50 lens.

Now I just need to come up with a price for it all! No idea where to start.

Jonny

I don't know where KEH got their price from but I picked one up for $20 for my daughter. A friend of mine has a Canon Eos A2 with a 28mm f/2.8 lens and an 85mm f/1.8 usm lens for $200 including a nice bag and several filters.

S

scooptdoo

man their prcticaly worthless.unless you have a top of the line f5 and even then 500 bucks tops.a rebel or say a nikon n70 80 are 75 doller camers retail so a camera store probably wouldnt take it for free!film is dead as we once knew it.

I don't know where KEH got their price from but I picked one up for $20 for my daughter. A friend of mine has a Canon Eos A2 with a 28mm f/2.8 lens and an 85mm f/1.8 usm lens for $200 including a nice bag and several filters.

KEH is obviously in business to make money, but it's just to get an
initial idea of the price range. You can probably look at finished auctions at E-Bay too...

man their prcticaly worthless.unless you have a top of the line f5 and even then 500 bucks tops.a rebel or say a nikon n70 80 are 75 doller camers retail so a camera store probably wouldnt take it for free!film is dead as we once knew it.

I agree that film is dead as we once knew it, but I am still are having a lot of fun with film and film cameras...

I agree that film is dead as we once knew it, but I am still are having a lot of fun with film and film cameras...

Wait until the world runs out of energy. All digital photos will be wiped from existence and analog shall come back and rule them all!

It'll be a Mad Max apocalyptic photographic future!
:eek::biggrin::tongue:

For Johathon

I was surprised and disappointed to find that you can't learn something new after you become 70 or older. I guess I will have to get rid of all this professional Nikon gear since I am 76.

Whoa! 70 is old??:smile: Me thinks it is the new 50:biggrin: As for learning something new as we mature, that has been shown to sharpen and revitalize the mind, Check out Geriatric 1927, a star of You Tube, heck he is only 81.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf3YfLNyYVs

Oh as for the OP, yep a door stop comes to mind.

Im very dissapointed in all the film is dead posts, here and elsewhere. When digital has enough megapixels to match a 8x10 view camera, the lattitude of black and white, and memory cards that you can splash around in developer, then yes. At that point, film is dead.

Wait until the world runs out of energy. All digital photos will be wiped from existence and analog shall come back and rule them all!

I think that you have some overly optimistic ideas about the (lack of) energy required for making those analog films... :smile:

Not to mention transportation, developing (with water of the right temperature...), etc.

I had a 35mm that I was going to part with ... until several people offered me between $125.00 and $275.00 for my mint F5 in the box.... I laughed and decided to keep it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom