What to do with US $600 ?

Alright guys, I thought I should seek advice from experienced people on this forum. I have about US$ 600 to spend on lens. I would like your advice on what would be the best choice for me.
I already have Nikkor 70-200VR f2.8/Sigma 10-20 f4.0-5.6/Sigma 50mm f1.4/ Nikon 18-200 VR f3.5-5.6.
One of my considerations was a Nikon 1.7x teleconverter as I try to take a lot of photographs at a race track nearby and I could definitely do with the additional reach. My other option is a 35mm f1.8G.

Please advice !

Cheers..!

Vivek

Great collection of lenses but no flash?? I would get a couple of SB600's

@ocir, unfortunately, I do not really use a flash, except for the fill in as I never saw the need for one. Most of my photographs are outdoor. However, I have been thinking of investing in one.

T.C s are less than ideal on zoom lenses. There are exceptions but considering complex optical designs and adding more glass rarely gives you the bite and tug that make's you go WOW,
Staying close to your price range and if your willing to buy used. You be looking look for a fixed prime. It's a shame Nikon can't see fit to produce a new 400 mm 5.6 lens that will meter and give data and focus and that kind of stuff or your D90, notsure about the D300. Of course, there always is the Nikkor 400 5.6 ED-IF AIS.
A fine optic , very compact works well with T.Cs and very sharp.
On a more general observation the 400mm mark is the focal length where one really begins to experience the feeling or reaching out. Good luck with you choices.

I have a great idea. Have you ever heard of the "Jonshonda Lens Fund" ? It is a great foundation, ran by a really nice guy, and they are always taking donations!!

LOL....I love this place. Normally, people have a wish list and no money to fill it. Here, people have money and post asking for a wish list!

;)

@ocir, unfortunately, I do not really use a flash, except for the fill in as I never saw the need for one. Most of my photographs are outdoor. However, I have been thinking of investing in one.

You shoot outdoors and you said you don't need flash? What would you do if it's an overcast day or shooting under the shade? You wouldn't want your subjects to look like silhouettes. I believe every photographer should have a flash. It is just so much to learn and it is so much fun using it. Heck, I take my flash every time with me.

I would say pay my credit card bill...but since you already have some ideas, get the TC

I would convert that $600 USD into $417 EURO and then wait about 6 months when the US economy is really in the shi**r, and then convert back...you'll most definitely have about double the money ;)...

or you could give it to me!

Get a flash!! outdoors you can still find it useful, just got a SB900 goes up to 200mm.

I am sure that there are a lot of uses with a flash outdoors. Unfortunately most of my photographs revolve around motorsport and I guess its a "no no" whille on track.

However, I would definitely own one in the future but its just a matter of prioritizing for me.

Vivek

I would convert that $600 USD into $417 EURO and then wait about 6 months when the US economy is really in the shi**r, and then convert back...you'll most definitely have about double the money ;)...

or you could give it to me!

Hahahhaha...good one..!

But I'd rather invest in single malt whiskey....:) !

Vivek

Latest threads

Top Bottom