1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What type of bag do you primarily shoot with?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Lumagent Morple, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Shoulder bag

56 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. Sling-style bag

11 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. Backpack

31 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. Lens changer

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. No bag - camera only

6 vote(s)
    5.2%
  6. Something else

9 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. Lumagent Morple

Lumagent Morple

Feb 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Just curious - what type of bag do you work out of?

I've always used shoulder bags, along with the occasional backpack, but I'm thinking about branching out and trying something new. I know this is a personal choice, but I'm interested to see what style of bag you guys use on a daily basis.

2. Pupator

Pupator

Jan 29, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm going to have to change lenses regularly while shooting, I use a waist pack. If I only need two lenses with me, I use a backpack to travel with and a simple belt-attached lens carrier in the field (for the one not on the body). I do have a shoulder bag but I use it mostly for storage because I find them to be nearly useless in the field.

3. Domke F-2 - 95%, Domke F-8 - 5%

4. bnk190

bnk190

Sep 27, 2008
    SE Wisconsin
    Picked up a F-stop Tilopa BC backpack this past winter and love it.

5. Mike66

Mike66

Aug 21, 2009
    Darmstadt, Germany
    Mike
    Crumpler 7MDH. It carries what I want daily.

6. Lowepro mini trekker is my main bag. I used a slingshot 200 for a while; but the mini is by far my favorite.

7. Martytoof

Martytoof

Sep 21, 2010
    Ontario
    I have a Kata 465 backpack. I only have one lens so it's not a HUGE pain, but when I get my 70-200 at some point I'll have to upgrade to something a little more convenient like a shoulder/messenger type of bag.

8. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Mostly my Domke F2 but I use NewsWear pouches and chestvest a lot.

9. If I'm shooting wildlife with the 400, I use a Lowepro Supertrekker. Otherwise an Omni Pro and a smaller Lowepro backpack.

Sean

10. Lumagent Morple

Lumagent Morple

Feb 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Looks like it's tied between shoulder bags and backpacks right now. Any other sling bag or lens changer bag users out there?

I recently acquired a Think Tank Lens Changer 2, and must say that I've been impressed so far. It's nice for events/weddings as well as short trips out of the house, but I still find myself using the Crumpler 7MDH more. I'd love something that's easy to work out of (like the LC2), but with more storage space (around the size of a 6MDH). I may just settle for the combo I have right now, but I'm always open to new options...

11. Domke F-2 is my main bag. Sometimes a Domke F-3 for D700 walkabout with just one lens.

12. sambru

sambru In Memoriam 1957-2014

Most of the time my Lowepro Steath Reporter 200 AW

13. sambo.

sambo.

Mar 20, 2011
    Australia
    +1 Shoulder bags. i use a Thinktank retro 30 which recently replaced my well worn, 15 year old Domke F3x.

i also got a belt/harness/pouch system that's very useful.

14. wadacolors

wadacolors

Jan 28, 2011
    hawaii
    TT Change Up working 2 lens or with a Drop In if working 3 lens. Crumpler Sinking Barge to pack everything including TT gear & body with attached lens while commuting.

15. actionshooter

actionshooter

Aug 26, 2008
    NY
    This is what I have also. I like the ability to be able to access the contents without having to unbuckle and flip over the top cover.

16. aesop

aesop

Oct 2, 2008
    CANADA
    I have a crumpler clone (5mdh) that is green and has no badges whatsoever. very discrete.
    Fits the d700/24-70 + one other item (generally 70-200 or flash).

17. HUGE Domke bag for daily carrying, but for hiking, a Lowepro Slingshot, which I am seriously considering trading for a traditional backpack.

18. Most of the time I use a Think Tank Speed Freak. I had to vote for "something else" as I use it as a waist belt bag with the shoulder strap in the bandolier style. This bag allows me to carry one D300 body plus 2-4 lens, SB-800 flash, extra batteries and CF cards. All of these are in the bag. You can add extra single lens carriers on the belt for that lens you just can't leave at home.

If I carry one D300 around my neck I then have two bodies as well as an extra lens on the camera. But I normally only use one body when walking a lot. Love the way the top of the bag opens from the back forward. It is without a doubt the most versatile bag I've ever owned and since I am getting up there in age (70) I like having it on my hip with extra support over the opposite shoulder.

19. Depends.......

Shooting an event / walking around in the city = Domke F6

Shooting at the zoo = No bag, just 70-200 clipped on the Rapid strap

Hiking / Climbing = Backpack (primarily Lowepro flipside 400)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.