Share What watch is everyone wearing

Today this is it for me...

Today this is it for me... A JLC Reverso Grande GMT...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 307860

On more casual days, this is usually what I wear...

View attachment 307861

I have other watches as well... don't ask :rolleyes:

:D :D

I stopped wear watches a few years ago. Too much bashing them cost me too much $$$.

1920 Cronos swiss guts with an emerson jewelers case. Horribly unreliable:

1928 Elgin. Extremely reliable, but needs service:

View attachment 307864

At this point I buy wal-mart Timexes and throw em in a drawer when the battery dies. $20 and they last 1-5 years.

IsamuM

Not-quite-
I don't have a photo of my own watch, but this is what I use:

Got tired of changing batteries and decided I might as well get a watch that I could some day pass down to a potential son.

I now have two daughters. Figures, doesn't it? :wink:

:biggrin:

Submariner...Sold It To Fund Big Glass!!

G

gladjo

Haven't worn a watch in eons. I use a PC all day and can see the time. My cell phone has a clock. There is a clock in my car. You can get the time on your TV. Hey! My camera gives me the time too. :D

haven’t worn a watch since I retired over 3 years ago, and I hated wearing one when I did. Every room in my house has a clock. My computer tells the time. My cameras tell the time. All my vehicles have a clock. I know when the sun sets, and that’s all I need.

However, I will post this photo of the “railroad watch” my grandfather wore when he worked for the railroads, all before I was born. My father restored the watch, and put it in a glass display case. I took these shots with a D100 and a 60mm back in 2003.

Can't go without one

I bought my first decent watch a couple years ago after years of mostly Casio.........Casio is fine but not built for long lasting performance.

I always wanted an Automatic (no batteries, no winding, no nothin'!). So I picked up a Seiko SKX173. I've also been tempted to snag a Sumo (yes I'm a watch nerd).

Here's a couple I snapped a while back.

And this one with the most current bracelet, a Watchadoo brushed solid link that replaced the Italian Rubber strap above.

today, a brietling Superocean Automatic
fuzzy arms and all

You have to understand that I am very hard on watches, and this is now the second crystal I have put in this watch, and I am getting close to needing another.

I'm very happy with this one.

No need for Batteries = Solar Powered :biggrin:
No need to set it = Wave Ceptor :biggrin:
No need to watch out for it = Water resistant

..and it's got stopwatch and Alarm.

You have to understand that I am very hard on watches, and this is now the second crystal I have put in this watch, and I am getting close to needing another.

http://www.pagespictures.com/images/watch1.jpg
LOL! I have a Citizen Skyhawk Titanium too! Love it! Mine is slightly different though as my second hand is yellow. My crystal is also pretty scratched up but I've never bothered to get it replaced. How much does a replacement run?

How much does a replacement run?
Love my Skyhawk. The last time it was $65 for the crystal and $25 for the labor. Plus tax it was almost $100, but worth it. I'll wait until the water seal is compromised before I get it replaced. We used to have a Citizen Jeweler here, but he retired and closed his shop, so now I will have to send it off. I have a buddy in S.Cal. that is a Citizen Jeweler, so I might have to send it to him

Love my Skyhawk. The last time it was $65 for the crystal and $25 for the labor. Plus tax it was almost $100, but worth it. I'll wait until the water seal is compromised before I get it replaced. We used to have a Citizen Jeweler here, but he retired and closed his shop, so now I will have to send it off. I have a buddy in S.Cal. that is a Citizen Jeweler, so I might have to send it to him
thanks for the info. :cool: That's about what I thought. Yeah I'm just sorta waiting for something catastrophic to happen before I do anything. Love my Skyhawk too! It gets compliments here and there. I love the weightlessness of the Titanium design - a big difference vs the stainless steel ones. And yes I do know how to use the slide rule. :redface: Comes in handy for quick fuel mileage calculations, and converting currency on foreign travel. Wife calls me a dork, but when I'm able to instantly convert local pricing at a shop to USD with a mere glance then it's cool, LOL.

My retirement gift. Probably "gold tone" but it's nice since I was with DHS when it was begun

:)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom