What ya think?

Discussion in 'People' started by cwilt, Aug 11, 2005.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I was in the same room as my last post, but this time I had 3 flashes. Two SB600's as remotes bounced off of walls and one SB800 on camera as master bounced off the ceiling. This time I used the 180/2.8 for a tight shot. Comments?

[​IMG]

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I love the eyes on this one Charles. Very good. She is so beautiful. This one would be a good candidate for desaturation and then color the eyes back in on another layer.

Regards,

3. Very nice even lighting and of course your daughter looks great up close and personal.

4. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    For Patrick. Ask and you shall receive. :wink:

[​IMG]

5. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Very Nice Charles!

She is a lovely little girl and you captured her perfectly.

Joe

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice image, Charles. I wonder if a darker backdrop would have made an improvement on the overall image. Her right cheek seems to blend into the backgound color. But it is a very nice image and I really like the tight crop.

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

8. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Joe,
    Thanks. She is lovely, but I doubt I will ever truly capture her. Her spirit has more dynamic range than film can hold. :wink:

Frank,
    That would be tough to do in this room without using light stands. I can only imagine what my son would do with those. :shock: The wall on her right is the only white wall in the room. If time permits today I will give it another shot with a different bounce configuration.

Paul,
    I agree that the color image is best. Funny how some images beg to be B&W. Thats not my family! They are test subjects for a lousy photographer who is unable to capture thier souls. :wink:

Thanks for the nice comments. I think most of you are being to nice to me though. Tell me where I made mistakes so I can improve on them. Please.