Whatcha looking at?

Ibn

Taken during the last trip to Mono Lake (South Tufa). Was interesting to see how all the other photographers were snapping away as the sun was rising, while I took more interest in the birds. :oops:

DSC_8614.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ibn

Thanks, guys. Taken with the 300mm f/4 AFS lens on my D70. Sucker was sunbathing in the morning and allowed me to sneak up pretty close (full frame image there :) ).

Eric, you did get close. You must have been no more than 15 feet away. Excellent shot. :wink:

I would probably be one of those taking pictures of the sunrise, but I sure am glad there are people taking pictues of the birds so I can see wonderful photos like these. I love looking at the bird pictures in this forum.

Ibn

Flew said:
Eric, you did get close. You must have been no more than 15 feet away. Excellent shot. :wink:

Yup. That was about how far away I was. I would have tried getting in closer, had there not been a 10 foot gap between the rocks that I was on and his. :lol:

Ibn

Terri French said:
I would probably be one of those taking pictures of the sunrise, but I sure am glad there are people taking pictues of the birds so I can see wonderful photos like these. I love looking at the bird pictures in this forum.

I was doing the same thing, but after a short while, I got tired of only shooting the sunrise and my attention drifted to the birds (funny how I found the location to shoot these pictures from by following them).

Here's a couple for you as the sun was beginning to come up.
DSC_8437.jpg

DSC_8493.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom