whatever

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Randy, Jun 14, 2007.

1. I like the colours in the first one. What type of flower is that?

2. thx Victor
    I can't remember, starts w/ an E
    a type of cone flower i think

3. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Echinacea

4. thx Lisa

5. Considered to be a very good herbal remedy by many 'naturalpaths.'

Bob F.

6. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Great. I really love #1.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Fannnnnnnnnntastic:>))))))

8. thx Torben

9. thx Gale

10. Love the series. Your coneflowers are very healthy!! My red sun and orange brite coneflowers are blooming and the bumbles have arrived!! My purple and yellow coneflowers are full of buds and should be blooming soon. Now I just need some butterflies!!

11. thx Crystall

my bigger bunches are days away from bursting, bees are already here in force for the lambs ear flowers....
    I need to plant more coneflowers for next year, they are a great perennial for the hot weather here

12. Randy,

Any chance of purchasing cone flower seedlings?? I didn't want to wait for my bulbs and seeds to sprout (I would have had to wait until the middle of July), so I purchased seedlings from a local nursery. I have 7 extra large containers and 12 smaller containers full of perennials, mostly butterfly nectar and host plants. The plants are doing well and attracting lots of bumble bees and three humming birds (so far).

Update: We had our first butterfly!! A skipper sampled my purple butterfly bush!! He also like the orange brite (tm) cone flowers. Perhaps the swallowtails are on the way!! :biggrin:

13. Hi Crystall,

I got a nice plant at the framer's market Sat, it's full of buds and flwers, stands about 3' tall and was only $6. It will provide flowers for 4-5 weeks and come back nice next year.

I shot my 1st butterfly of the year on Saturday, they are a little late for us this year

[​IMG]