1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What's a Collection of Artists?

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Dayo, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Dayo

Dayo

May 1, 2006
    Bahrain
    For some reason, the marketing department of a local branch of a major international hotel chain decided they would hold monthly art workshops and asked my wife to deliver these.

It seemed a weird idea for a hotel but it turned out that the marketing people were on to something as the sessions were oversubscribed. I was roped in to take some pics for her business promo stuff.

D850 @ ISO 10000
    AF Zoom Nikkor 70-210mm f/4 D @ 210mm
    1/250 @ f/4
    ON1 PhotoRAW 2019 (Beta 2)
    AC-0-HT_ON1-web.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The hotel laid on canapes and drinks and it was enlightening to see the ladies (all ladies, no gents were interested in spending an afternoon painting apparently) daintily sip their drinks without losing focus and working hard on a reproduction of the work of a Dutch Master.

D850 @ ISO 560
    AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 D
    1/100 @ f/1.6
    ON1 PhotoRAW 2019 (Beta 2)
    AC-0-JI_ON1-web.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not had the privilege of seeing the original work and sure these ladies were far off but I must say they did give things a good go and I was surprised at what they produced in such a short time with with my better half's guidance.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Considering the quality of these pics, I hope someone keeps that same rope very handy.

3. Excellent takes on this, Dayo!

4. Dayo

Dayo

May 1, 2006
    Bahrain
    Thanks both.

5. Both great shots Dayo!

6. Dayo

Dayo

May 1, 2006
    Bahrain
    Thanks Binnur. Nice to see you are still around.

7. I have a lot of stuff to do at home like having the roof repaired etc. But I can still manage to be here from time to time Dayo. Also the weather is getting more suitable for shooting here, so hopefully I will start shooting and uploading images soon (y)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  8. Dudley5854

Dudley5854

Nov 1, 2018
    Dayo very nice work. I almost signed up for on1 but went back with adobe. How do you like it ?

9. Dayo

Dayo

May 1, 2006
    Bahrain
    @Dudley5854@Dudley5854, ON1 certainly has been working hard on improving the product and the upcoming "2019" version is a big step forward.
    It has gotten to a point where it can satisfy most demanding needs as a main PP Tool. They need to beef up their noise reduction capability.

10. Dayo

Dayo

May 1, 2006
    Bahrain
    Your climate must be similar to ours here where we look forward to winter for some relief from the weather.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.