whats a good price for a d90?

A good rule of thumb is 80% of new at B&H for near new condition. Usualy geting the seller to throw in memory and other accessories. My D90 is an example of what is out there. I would sell it for $950 with the Nikon grip, extra Nikon battery and 3-2GB cards included. It would include all original packaging and accessories. I hope this helps. GH

Cameta has brand-new D90 bodies (Nikon USA warranty) on eBay for $914.95 plus shipping.

Doesn't sound great, but with the Bing Cashback on eBay it's $841.75 plus shipping if you're willing to wait for the Cashback. There's a chance -- but only a chance -- the Bing Cashback may go up within a couple of weeks but it's not guaranteed. There's another thread on how the Cashback % on the Bing Cashback stores will be doubled, but eBay may be different. If it does double, then it's 16% off the $914.95 plus shipping.

Also, some folks have received 15% off eBay coupons capped at $100. The code is only valid if you get the email, unfortunately. If you get one, that's another nice $100 savings. That can be stacked on top of the Cashback and the savings are immediate.

Im looking for the used market.
Whatever you do make sure it has a US serial number and get the original receipt if possible. You don't want to buy it cheap and then find out you will have to send it overseas for service. The shipping alone will eat up any savings you made if it is grey or imported. GH

how can you tell if its a us or over seas serial number?
Not sure but my D90 serial number is 30----. If I were buying a used body I would call Nikon to make sure. If you have the original receipt form the country of origin they will service it for a fee. If not you are forced to ship it to the country of origin. GH

The best way I have found to screen Craigslist sellers is to ask them for their local phone number. GH

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom