1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

whats a good price for a d90?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by coolshotimagery, Aug 4, 2009.

1. I'm looking to get a smaller body. I dont have access to FS or nikonians to guage what current market prices are. Thanks.

2. GH41

GH41

Nov 18, 2008
    HHI
    A good rule of thumb is 80% of new at B&H for near new condition. Usualy geting the seller to throw in memory and other accessories. My D90 is an example of what is out there. I would sell it for $950 with the Nikon grip, extra Nikon battery and 3-2GB cards included. It would include all original packaging and accessories. I hope this helps. GH

3. I got mine new from Abe's of Maine for $880 with a 4GB SD card thrown in (20 May).

4. Cameta has brand-new D90 bodies (Nikon USA warranty) on eBay for $914.95 plus shipping.

Doesn't sound great, but with the Bing Cashback on eBay it's $841.75 plus shipping if you're willing to wait for the Cashback. There's a chance -- but only a chance -- the Bing Cashback may go up within a couple of weeks but it's not guaranteed. There's another thread on how the Cashback % on the Bing Cashback stores will be doubled, but eBay may be different. If it does double, then it's 16% off the $914.95 plus shipping.

Also, some folks have received 15% off eBay coupons capped at $100. The code is only valid if you get the email, unfortunately. If you get one, that's another nice $100 savings. That can be stacked on top of the Cashback and the savings are immediate.

5. Im looking for the used market.

6. GH41

GH41

Nov 18, 2008
    HHI
    Whatever you do make sure it has a US serial number and get the original receipt if possible. You don't want to buy it cheap and then find out you will have to send it overseas for service. The shipping alone will eat up any savings you made if it is grey or imported. GH

7. how can you tell if its a us or over seas serial number?

8. What about refurbished?

9. If you look carefully you can find them for a little over $700. Try KEH.

10. GH41

GH41

Nov 18, 2008
    HHI
    Not sure but my D90 serial number is 30----. If I were buying a used body I would call Nikon to make sure. If you have the original receipt form the country of origin they will service it for a fee. If not you are forced to ship it to the country of origin. GH

11. gunfighter48

gunfighter48 Guest

The last I read US serial numbers begin with 3.

12. good to know, there is a good condition body on craigslist. I'll check the serial number.

13. If its to good to be true, don't trust it,
    then you will get a message that they are in an other town and you can buy it and they will never send it.
    (well that's the short version)

14. GH41

GH41

Nov 18, 2008
    HHI
    The best way I have found to screen Craigslist sellers is to ask them for their local phone number. GH

15. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    Keh has LN- D90 bodies for $729.

16. TheHundreds

TheHundreds

Jun 26, 2008
    NYC
    ebay or buydig is your best bet, i think the lowest i saw was 800ish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.