What's causing my seemless to Pucker?

I got these new rolls of 9ft wide seemless paper from B&H, and every time I unroll them, I get this gaud awful puckering! I'm using the system from B&H that has the expanding knobs that go in the ends, then attach to the wall brackets. Any help would be most appreciated!
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
I'd bet it's Humidity. I've had similar, but nowhere anything this bad, problems myself.

Do you roll the paper up when you're not using it? If not you should.

If you do roll it up and it's the only roll with this problem, I'd say the roll is defective.

If you do roll it up and every roll you have puckers like this, it's definitely atmospheric issues... and if you are in SE Florida, I'd put my money on humidity.

Thanks Woody, you're the 2nd person to mention the humidity aorund here as the cause of this. I do roll them up when I'm not using them. Makes me think the core is out of round or something.

BINGO! There's your answer. I highly doubt there's AC in the garage, so nothing to take the humidity out of the air. Paper is VERY susceptible to humidity.
Re-roll it tight, bring it inside and let the AC work on it. Then I'd suggest you get a LARGE plastic bag to keep this in, and keep the silica gel packs in it.

I don't know if they can be saved, but the look might be interesting if its sufficiently OOF.

Thanks, and that thought occurred to me too. Might give the bg some texture. Stay tuned, I have a really neat shot of a girl in a white bikini I'm working on, with that funked up background.

Hi, I have mine in the garage also and it does the same thing, the pattern is identical to yours. I don't mind it, it gives the background a neat effect. Customers don't care, they think it's suppose to look that way.

Latest threads

Top Bottom