What's going on with my downloads?

Help me stop the madness! :biggrin:

A few days ago, I attempted to upgrade a program called Calibre. It's a free E-book management program, that so far, has worked very well. The download got to the point where it said "Preparing the disk image", and that's where it seems to be stuck. The horizontal barber pole" just keeps spinning around, and program never fully downloads, regardless of how long I wait. None of the "buttons" (stop, clear, etc) work, meaning, that they are basically "grayed out". I finally just closed everything, and assumed it would go away. Boy was I wrong. :biggrin: Today, I went to download the latest version of VueScan, and it all started over again. Now, I even have the latest TWO versions of Calibre trying to download. :confused: I did get the VueScan upgrade (don't ask me how) but here is where everything seems to be stuck. If I open the download folder in Finder, it is empty.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Any ideas about what is going on, and how to stop it?

Anytime I get weird behavior like this I restart my Mac. If that does no good I restart my modem and my Mac.

I have calibre 0.8.3, so I cannot rule out there is something wrong with the download site. End those downloads and try something different.

Just ideas. If the problem is something else let us know if you get a solution.

HA! It was as simple as restarting the Mac. Sometimes I guess I don't see the forest for the trees.

Thanks, Allan!

Edit: Oh, and Calibre 8.4 downloaded just fine, this time.

When browser problems hit, I do the following, in order, to fix 'em:

1) restart browser
2) clear caches
3) restart computer

Usually by the time I get to #2, the problem has gone away.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom