1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What's the weather like where you are?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Parrotman, Jul 9, 2008.

1. This is today's weather in Hertfordshire!

aqua2.

John

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2008
  2. HOT! HOT! VERY HOT! We are to be in the 100's (F) for the rest of the week. Couple that with the fires next door in California and the blowing smoke, it makes for a bad set of days.

God Bless,
    David

3. It was 108 yesterday and will be 109 today. Not very pleasant out in the afternoon that's for sure.

4. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Mid 90's today...although forecast says rain which will lower the temp to the mid 80's.

5. Gorgeous here on the Palouse. Was down at 48 last night; up to 88 today, but cooler the next 3 days: 78-82, with cool nights (50's). Some clouds would be nice for better photography--but I guess I can't have everything!!!

Stay cool!

PS: Humidity 40%

6. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    It's overcast in the mid 90s....thank goodness for the clouds, otherwise we'd be near 100!

7. Just reposted photo in original message.

Glad it's so hot for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just wish we had some of that sunshine over here. Nothing but darned rain but ok for the Ducks I suppose!

Regards John

8. I think that picture belongs in the animals section!!! LOL

9. Thanks Nick. Need something to make us chuckle. Currently 18.41 hrs, wet, overcast with a low of 16c. Oh and I forgot, it's midsummer !

John

10. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    Isn't it like that all the time in the UK? The hubby tells me that anyway. Although I've been over there in the heat of the summer and that wasn't fun either. No air on the tube and it could get rather stinky depending where you stood. ;) 

11. Right now, my thermometer reads 26C (about 79F). It's very, very humid! Good chance of "thunder boomers" for the evening!

12. Not all the time Cleo, we did have a sunny day, think it was in April!

Know what you mean about the ' underground '. Used to use it all the time many years ago and got to agree that it was'nt particularly pleasant.

Don't know about over there but have no seasons as such at all now. Just means another sojourn to somewhere to lap up some sun during our winter.

John

13. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Looks like a dispute over taxi fare: "you can pi$$ off mate, you're a shark!"

:wink:

14. Very good caption.

John

15. On the radar www.buienradar.nl i see a long stretch of rain from the UK over Holland.Just a drizzle,but enough to make you wet and feel mizerable.Just took my fleece from the winter closset.

16. Debbi

Debbi Guest

Forecast is for 100 today. Hot, high humidity and couldn't pay for rain. Just 3 more days and I'll be in the land of much cooler. Can't wait.

17. Zorki1c

Zorki1c

Jul 9, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Mid 90s F today.

18. Funny picture. Feel sorry for those guys!

Currently in Cleveland - Partly Sunny, 79 degrees. Low humidity. Very nice indeed.

19. Got to agree with John, weather is damn miserable here in blighty at the moment.

New lens and the weather is not good enough to use it!

Off in the morning to Plymouth to climb up towers and carry out a radio survey for another failing UK industry.

At least the weather is forecast to be dry!

I lived and in Saudi Arabia for two year teaching Arabs electronics. Every morning I woke and looked out the curtain - another damn sunny day. If the temp dropped to 100 it was cold!

As a young man chatting up those luverlly European nurses who flocked to our compound I spent most of my casual time either teaching keep fit/wind surfing or sunning myself. Even spending all day in the sun when the Arabs found it too hot!

Regards

Chris

20. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

It's pretty cool at the moment in Columbia Falls, Montana.
    Somewhere in the middle 80's :biggrin:
    I've been used to the temperature being in the 100's for the last 3 weeks, so it's pullover time :wink:

I'm going to Glacier National Park this afternoon.
    Jealous, I bet you are :tongue: :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.