What's up? Nothing. What's up with you?

I like this a lot. Lighting, composition and his pose are all pretty rad. Only thing that bugs me is the loss of detail in the pants, they look like black blobs haha. Maybe try adding a layer mask to fix that.

Aside from what Jordan said, I would also recommend tilting the photo CCW and cropping it. It looks like the camera was tilted with the shot and you can see where the paper touches the ground, so it appears the "horizon" is tilted. This is such a great photo - he is really working the camera!

It's amazing what a difference that little change made. The detail in his pants and the right front shoulder area is way better now. This is a fabulous shot, and he's a natural in front of the camera - he should give you years as a test subject!

Wow, this is a great shot! Seems like most photographers' kids are pretty much over the camera pretty quick. How nice to have a cute kid who likes to be photographed!

I love it! Nice lighting, pose, and clothing choice! He's a natural in front of the camera!

Thanks a bunch everyone. Ethan is great on photos. Getting him to stand still and pose is the tricky part. His attention span is pretty short. hehe

What did you use for the hair light?
Hi Seneca. I used an AlienBee B800 with a giant softbox. I placed it up and behind my little guy. Took a photo of the setup. All the softboxes were about 1-2 feet away from him.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Conrad,

I like everything about this shot!! I think you nailed it - and Him!

If you can duplicate these results with all your 'paying customers' you'll have it made!

Mike

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom