Whats your favorite subject to photograph and why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sunesha, May 24, 2007.

1. Birds and Animals

25.5%
  2. Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes

6.4%
  3. Travel photography

2.1%
  4. People/Portraiture/Weddings

25.5%
  5. Macro/Flowers and Greenery

6.4%
  6. Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Sports Photography

23.4%
  8. Photojournalism

2.1%
  9. Planes, Trains, Automobiles, and other transport things

4.3%
  10. Other

4.3%
  1. Sunesha

Sunesha

May 3, 2007
    Malmoe, Sweden
    I just thought about what I enjoy photographing. So I got curious what people think is most fun and to photograph.

For myself it is Architecture, Landscape and urban life. I really enjoy this as it makes me come closer to environments I exist in. I often when out and walking,shopping, I make mental notes of future subjects. Often stopping myself and starts to examine my future subject. Since I started the whole world have opened up and I see beauty in places I never noticed before. As a guy that is sick from work because of depression. Photography has opened up and made me see the great things about world again.

I am curious about myself. For my mum she is a dog breeder and she really sit with her dog owner friends and look on photographs and discuss for hours. For her photos is all about the subject, not so much about lines and composition which is more enjoyable for me. But it brings her joy.

Cheers,
    daniel

2. Ciao Sunesha,

Well, I have been really doubtful about voting. All in all, I chose landscapes and nature in general due to the possibility to be by myself, in my world, but I guess the other side of the coin is for portraits/wedding since I like seeing happines in others' faces. Not to forget the fact I'm attending to a photographic course to get two masters: one in fashion and one - more interesting for me - in reportage. I'd like to make my ability available to all those people needing it. Not only economically, nay, mostly for good and noble reasons. Maybe I'm still an idealist and of course I realistically admit I'm not that kind of guy SO tough to be under the enemy fire, but wherever I could arise my hand and say "Hey! Here's something which needs attention" I'll do that, that's for sure. And then, you know, our apennin is so beautiful and missing photographers which are all in the cities.. I'd like to be the one known in all those small mountain bars where people are REALLY true and you can really feel home wherever you are. Cities are false and death-leading.
    Here in Italy, and you have to know that, the introduction of Euro (as I guess in many european countries) has been great for SOME (few, but not so few) but bad for everyday people. And, despite what you can see, and what politics can tell you on tv or on the newspapers, living here is really expensive. Of course, being Italy an oil importer, and missing of whatever real source of energy (i.e. France and Germany, for instance, have nuke power to provide electricity) this makes all our bills really heavy. For a TWO MONTHS water and gas supply, electricity and trash I had to pay last month about 1500$ overall, and yearly trash was only 180$. So I hope to get some money from another job, part time at the beginning, and then let's see. If I could prove I'm able in photography, I'd like to open a base school of photography by myself and spending all the days with little group of students. Would be great but it's still a dream.. let's make it come true!

3. ps.. Hope to come to north, sooner or later I just LOVE Scandinavia... (well, fish not that much :D :D :D) My grandfather, a sailor, often went there in the '20 and '30..

pps: is that true that a swedish compliment to a girl is "Mukka Vakka" or something like that?

4. jaymc

jaymc Guest

Landscapes followed by sports.

- Jay

5. I like to photograph cars and everything automotive. I love to create the mood and emotion w/ the lighting and etc. You can make the car look menacing, mysterious, dark, happy, sad, whatever. Definately not the easiest one and perhaps the most expensive (camera rigs, etc)

Here's a sample shot:

[​IMG]

6. I predict a close race between Sports and Birds (Considering the members on here)

I like sports, Its a unique challenge every time, and I never liked the "right place right time" requirement for landscapes. Basically it doesn't fit my schedule :)

7. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN
    My children :smile: (which I guess fall under People/Portraiture/Wedding). They are each an amazing gift and I don't want to miss anything in their lives. Point & shoot, direct flash snapshots weren't cutting it for me. I want photos that capture the mood and emotion of each moment. They grow up too fast.

8. I see alot of people like portraits and sports.

I haven't been here for long at all... who's the best automotive photographer around here?

I definately want to improve my portraits... searching for a 50mm f/1.8 as we speak.

9. Sunesha

Sunesha

May 3, 2007
    Malmoe, Sweden
    You are very close, I think the girls would understand you. [m'yk:e(t) v'ak:er].

Here in Sweden we get same problem. Energy costs are silly since we are importing nuke power from Germany. The environmental politicians got thru to close down all nuke power in sweden. So it is silly so we now buy energy from Germany that use fossil and nuke power....

I think Sweden actually made smart move not to change to Euro€. Our currency havnt been this strong since 80s..

Ciao

10. Bosslady

Bosslady

Jul 3, 2006
    South Arkansas
    Wow, what a tough question to decide what you enjoy the most. Well, I would have to say action...meaning sports, bands, and lightning. I really don't care to have to pose someone or something. So the action shots allow me to view through the lens to capture an image that hopefully might just enlighten someone. Lightning around my parts is rare so catching it is very interesting. Band shots are taken at local clubs, mainly for my enjoyment and to help the local bands out.

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I chose portraits because that is what I am doing the most of right now. But, I love landscapes equally. It was hard to choose. I also love flowers. So, I guess I really have three favorites.

Those three things, enjoying our family, our home and yard, and our little trips together are what my husband and I both love. I love taking photos of our flowers at home, our family, and our trips which encompasses my portraits, landscapes, and flower shots.

12. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I agree, although I am taking shots of my grandkids and my adult children. Sure wish I had good photos of my kids when they were small. You'll be so glad.

13. A tough question. I voted birds. But I also like landscapes, architecture and street photography. Given one choice, birds and animal was it.

14. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Tough question to answer. I voted 'Sports Photography' because that is what I have been doing lately with my son playing in the soccer league matches but I equally like people/portraiture, nature and, Birds and Animals.

15. Kids, Soccer & Baseball by far. Its why I bought "The Beast" : ~ ) Which is NOT in my Will btw,... I'm taking it with me : ~ )

16. Birds! My vote tied birds with sports for top spot.
    I like viewing and observing birds - photographing them is just an extension.
    Also, I like the challenge of capturing a moving target in its natural surrounding, getting the best shot possible.

17. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    I voted birds because I really like the settings where I go to photograph them but it is really a tie between animals and sports. I like the challenge of capturing the moment of a moving subject.

18. I like sports, specifically football. I have really enjoyed wildlife photography although that is a “team” event for me, meaning I’m unlikely to go out and do it by myself. I have a LOT of respect for nature and wildlife photographers. With sports, you are at least guaranteed that something is going to be happening at a given time.:biggrin: