What's your resolution for the New Year?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leigh, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Every year I have the same New Year’s Resolution. I resolve to be a “more” and “better” me. I resolve to be a more patient mother and a more understanding wife. I resolve to be a better friend and a better listener. I resolve to be more kind to those who need a little kindness. I resolve to be a better person in the new year than I was in the old one. It’s a lot more realistic to keep a resolution if the resolution itself is realistic. I already try to be these things, I just want to be “more” and “better” at them.

What’s your resolution?

Happy New Year to all the new friends I've made...and to all the new ones I hope to make in the coming year!

2. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I guess mine is to just spend more time with the family and see more of the state of Idaho.

3. Not to buy more than 3 lenses.........ya, right.

4. to personally meet as many cafe members as possible
    Dave

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    1. Get back into better shape

2. Spend more quality time with my family

3. Learn the ins and outs of my camera equipment so I can get better
    images.

6. From what I know of you Leigh, you are already there. As for me, I got a few pounds to lose that I accumulated over the holidays.

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    That's so nice of you to say, Gordon, but I feel that there's always room for improvement when it comes to being a better person. (Just my humble opinion).

I'll confess that I would like to lose a few pounds as well....maybe I'll tack that onto my resolution...."I'll lose enough pounds so there won't be "more" of me...". But then again, that all goes back to having a resolution that is realistic:confused: !!!

8. 1. Spend more time with family
    2. Spend more time in photography
    3. Do more volunteer work
    4. Find more time to do the above
    5. Be happy, kind and caring
    6. Spend less on photography gears

9. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Every year I make the same resolution: "I will make no more New Year resolutions." :Unsure:

This year I'm doing something new: "I resolve to be alive for the next New Year." :Ouch:

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    OK, here's mine.

1) Figure out how I can afford a 600 f4

2) Figure out how I can afford a 200-400VR

:biggrin:

11. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Start making money doing portrait work so I can buy more equipment. Nasty cycle, isn't it?

12. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    To Leigh

Leigh, you strike me as being already there or almost there in your resolutions. I can't claim to have those as my most important resolutions. My first one is to lose weight and get back in shape, for my own good.

13. Leigh,

I love your resolutions! I think you have already achieved them. As for me, I resolve to spend more time with my family and especially my father. To enjoy each day because it is a blessing to see a new day. And finally, to continue to enjoy my photographic obsessions...however, I do not resolve to add more gear to my bag...hee hee! :biggrin:

Happy Happy New Year Everyone!

14. Moving from 6 MB to 10 MB if you know what I mean. :biggrin:
    And trying to figure out how the heck I can convince my wife I need this.

And converting a digital picture->printed picture. I do very little of this.

And the "Loose some weight thing and start working out again". I have been pretty lazy lately.

15. My resolution for the year - I guess about 12.4 Megapixels!

16. Mine is to finish the NYIP courses I enrolled earlier this year.

God Bless,
    David

17. I doubled mine about December 8th (migrated from D70 to D2X). Now I have twice as many to keep! ;-))>

18. Get caught up with my post processing........right!

:biggrin:

19. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

20. Crystall,
    Hurry and start speaking with him. I let time slip through my fingers and lost that opportunity. Ask him all sorts of questions about his childhood...find out what it was like in the depression (if he lived through that period) for example.

My busia was born in the "Austro-Hungarian Empire" in a village called Lipnik. My sister found that out but that's all we know. Four years ago the wife and I traveled to Krakow Poland and Prague. Both family members were also from Poland. There are four villages named Lipnik in the Czech Republic! We were so close to our roots but no one asked enough questions. It would have been so great to take a few side trips and see where our grandparents lived as children; not it's all gone. It takes so little time to start up a conversation.

Good luck and start talking to dad!

Rich

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2005