Whatta surprising evening!!!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Panos Kazanelis, Apr 29, 2005.

1. It was an ordinary walk for Lambros and me in our nearby lagoon...

Surprise #1
    As we were minding our doggy business, two ducks took us by surprise when they flew away (not you Frank :wink: ) scared by our presence...

Surprise #2
    As I grabbed my gun (80-400VR) and aimed at one of them... the lens DID NOT HUNT although in low light!!! It just accurately focused and although I was panning it kept that duck clear.

Surprise #3
    As I was in AF-C, D100 DID NOT HESITATE but kept me in focus all the way, fast and accurate, and on the “right” spot it provided me with this…

original.

My surprise is that for a moment I thought I had a D2 cam with an AF-S lens… well I don’t (yet)

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Panos,

First, if it Flew, then it was me. Just re-incarnated in a different form. 8)

Second, it looks like the dreaded birdie shooter disease has snagged another victim. :lol:

Third, ain't it great when you nail one.... :wink:

Nice shot. Now go get lots more. :D

Frank

3. Well, it ain't easy over here Frank. When I see you guys going for bird shoting you look like you went for a coffee in between... wearing your nice jeans, shoes, shirts and all... Walking on man-made grass sometimes...!!!
    And the birds!!! :shock: , I bet they're ALL domesticated and sometimes you even hand-feed them... :?

Here things are different :( First I have to wear high galoshes, long pants and sleaves, tons of mosquito repeler, hat (with a net is better)... have to cat-walk half mile or so... and that just to get close and see them flying away... :evil:

Frank, IF THERE'S A SECRET I would very much like to know... :D

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonderful catch Panos.

5. Good shot Panos!! I like the golden background!! Very nice!! :D :D :D

6. Excellent shot! I love the out of focus foreground