1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

When a purple flower looks more blue than purple?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by williadw, Aug 3, 2009.

1. I was with a friend who has a D40x and I was trying out the D5000 I just got. There was a purple flower that we both shot a picture of. His preview looked exactly like the flower, the exact purple color, whereas on my preview it actually looked blue.

Has anyone seen this on the D5000, why would this happen and how can I correct this?

Thanks!

Don

2. Sounds like a white balance issue or an exposure issue. would have to know more about the settings in the cameras to really know though.

3. asnpcwiz

asnpcwiz

May 27, 2009
    USA
    I would have to agree. There needs to be a lot more information regarding the shots themselves. Off the bat, I'd have to guess it's the white balance.

4. Koran

Koran

Feb 9, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    My purple flower turned blue when I changed my D80 setting to More VIVID colors. Dont know if this helps but its my only contribution.

5. I will be going back Friday... so I will play with the white balance and take a few pics to test.

I think I did shoot some to play with it initially and didnt see a change.

Thanks all for the ideas to check.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.