When dinner comes to me.......(2 pics)

Taken at the Japanese Gardens today... This GBH was so used to people we could actually get within 3 ft of it! Naturally there were school groups so we didn't stick around the same area very long. We're already planning to go back!

5662928688_9a7200b5e8_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5662928906_aa81256791_b.jpg

Great captures.
Is it really that intent on eating something bigger than itself? :D

Love the pictures!!

Thanks - actually I think it was watching for smaller fish to come up to the surface. If it hadn't been for a large school group and another photographer in the same spot, I would have stuck around and tried for better shots. As it was, I was attempting to teach my neighbor some basic info about photography with her new camera. We're already planning to go back.

Excellent shots, Dianne...!
Clapping.gif

G B H will stab / kill far too large for them to eat. They will continue to do so all day and all night. Sometimes when they can manage to drag a big fish out of the water they will eat the eye on the side that is up. They are too stupid to flip the fish over and eat the other eye. The single largest fish I have had killed by one was a 14.25 pound largmouth bass named Sweetie. The birds help feed the coons, posoms, fox, owls, hawks, and vultures. The next time you see that stupid bird using that man`s koi for target practice throw a coke at it.

Thanks guys! I wish I could have spent more time shooting the GBH. There was a large group of school kids feeding the koi or whatever fish they are and often got in my way.
I don't believe the Garden keepers would appreciate my throwing anything at the bird - they try to keep all the critters they have happy and fed.

Latest threads

Top Bottom