When I wash my car... A shortish story

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phyer Phyter, Apr 10, 2007.

1. It rains......

When I leave my BBQ out it .....

Ah yes spring is in the air. I went down to Calgary a month ago for my sons soccer tournament. It was warm, there was no snow on the ground. It felt like summer!! Half way home we start to notice the snow hasn't left yet. Get closer to home...more snow still around....get home and there is still 2 1/2 to 3 feet of snow in my yard. Damn it is depressing. So nice in Calgary so *^^*%#$@(! at home. So anxiosly I wait for weather to warm up. One day it does. Next 4 days it is cold and overcast. Then we get a couple of warm days and think YES it is here! NOPE! we get an inch of snow that takes almost a week to get back to where we were before the snow. Then it is cloudy and dreary and overcast again. Temps hang around a few degrees below 0. Warms up alittle snow melts a little more... alittle more.... YES SPRING IS HERE!!!! the dog dirt in the back yard is finally poking through!!! (steamin lumps of love we affectionatly call them) We know that ground is not far below!!! Then it snows alittle over night and think ok this is prettier than the steamin love lumps. Spring break comes... too chilly for the kids to want to spend much time outside. A couple days of wind and it helps the snow go down a little. Kids go back to school. The snow is all most all gone now. The line ups at the car washes are incredibly long. Can't wait go home to hmmm ah yes some steamin love lumps need to be harvested. Ok thats done. Back hurts now so I will soak in the hot tub. Lovely daughter turns the temp way down last time cause it is too hot. I think I just joind the Polar Bear Club. Check my bathing suit...Nopejusthadasexchange:eek: So now to this morning...Laying in bed window open listening to the cars drive by...hmmm road sounds wet....musta rained!!! YES YES YES...SRING IS HERE!!!!!! So I jump outta bed race down stairs and look outside...What do I see?

SO when I wash my car it rains. When I leave my BBQ out it....

453980366_bf8227b5e5_b.
    ]

2. *ROTFL* That is so true of this spring. It comes, it goes, it comes back, it goes, I freeze. I'm so sick and tired of it! I always look at the Environment Canada website which posts three and six month weather predictions. It predicted a cooler than average spring but it never said "WORST SPRING YOU'LL EVER ENDURE" on the website.

Come on Spring, make my heart sing, let me get that kayak off the hangers and into the water. Let me hear that red breasted robin calling for his lady love. Let me feel the sun warm on my face. Just try a little harder, will ya????

3. Pete

Pete

Jun 10, 2006
    Denver, CO
    So why is it that in the summer when we have a drought, the first thing they tell you is "Don't wash your car"? Anyway, I went to Washington for the Cherry Blossoms and woke up to snow. At least you can get those Snow Pictures that you missed in the winter...

4. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    lol great story and so true to

5. Phyer, Phyer... Phyer......

You've lived in Edmonton how long and yer still surprised by this? C'mon! You know the rules here in Edmonton! If you look out the back door and you don't like the weather then walk to the front door and have a look. It will have probably changed by then..... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Cheers!

P.S. "Love Lumps"? (grin) In the winter we call em' "poopsicles" at our place and we just finally got them all "harvested" last week as well. Hope that one isn't too offensive for the mods!

6. Glad to live in California, we dont get snow unless you head for the mountains to find it.

I have never lived anywhere where it snowed, i dont know if i would like that.

7. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    This Global Warming thing really sucks, doesn't it?

8. Nope looked out front too---- SAME **%$*#^#$!))^ Snow!!

454211075_90d8952c88.

Make it stopppp, make it go awaaaayyyyy... I dont wanna play this gaaaaaame annnyyyyyymmmooooorrrree. He said in his best whine...

9. Well, Bill, you'll be pleased to know that your snowstorm is headed here. I wouldn't want to be left out of all the 'fun' :eek: Expecting freezing rain over the next few days. THANKS A LOT!!! :frown:

10. I am not entirely convinced of Global Warming issue, but thats another dicussion...

11. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Don't worry. One of our top scientists, Dr. William Gray, doesn't believe in it, either. In fact, he was on the news just the other day saying that Al Gore was the biggest alarmist he's ever seen, and that he expects a natural cooling trend to start within a few years.

Story.

12. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    Spring, for being just a concept, takes a very perverse pleasure in this kind of teasing.