When out in the woods ... have a friend

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
great PP. Care to share?
Hi, sure. Very simple things, actually. I lowered midtones contrast with a "reverse S-curve" and then I reduced saturation, that's all.

Camera settings: I shot it with the final 16:9 crop in mind. D3x, AFS 28-70 f/2.8 @ 60 mm, ISO 100, f/4, circular polarizer and a silver reflector to fill and strong backlight from the sun. White balance "cloudy" in bright sunlight.

Thank you Steve, Gabriel, Tony and Jodomo.

Thank you Eduardo and Gordon for your kind words. I will try a B&W conversion too.

Hi, sure. Very simple things, actually. I lowered midtones contrast with a "reverse S-curve" and then I reduced saturation, that's all.

Camera settings: I shot it with the final 16:9 crop in mind. D3x, AFS 28-70 f/2.8 @ 60 mm, ISO 100, f/4, circular polarizer and a silver reflector to fill and strong backlight from the sun. White balance "cloudy" in bright sunlight.
Great shot. Thanks for sharing your PP steps. I would have guessed Bleach Bypass from something like Nik Efex, but your steps appear to give very similar results.

Well done!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom