When the snow stopped

We got our first snowfall this week. After 20 inches it stopped yesterday afternoon. The cloudy sky did not led itself to much "pop" but it was peaceful at the local park.

i-TdhqXTZ.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-wBt5BDn.jpg

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
20 inches of snow??? :eek:

It's beautiful and peaceful, but please (ohhh please) keep that out there where you are, LOL! :ROFLMAO:

In this area they cancel school at the drop of a snowflake!! Well, almost..... Seriously, they do often cancel school if there are predictions of snowfall and/or very icy roads early in the morning because there are a lot of hilly and very curvy roads in some areas of Northern Virginia, so that this makes it dangerous and treacherous for both the bus drivers and their school-aged passengers.

We had our car parked in a pullout on the highway. When my wife went out to get it yesterday, it looked like this. Unfortunately, it looked like someone ran into it, and badly dented the hood.

78284623_2834890403202457_8532978811644411904_n.jpg

Ouch, Steve! I hope that they at least had the courtesy to leave a note with insurance info, etc..... I wouldn't be surprised if they did not, though. Sigh.....
No, they did not. Perhaps a snowmobile drove over it intent on high marking a big lump of snow. Since it wasn't our fault, we won't have to pay a deductible to get it fixed, but the nearest repair shop is 145 miles one way on snowy, icy roads, but that is pretty normal for winter here. We use studded tires, and we slow way down when it is slippery. Also, when the snow is deep (here it is about 10 feet deep now) moose tend to use the road for a snow-free trail, and if you hit one it can total a car, and last winter a man driving near here hit a moose, it came through the windshield, and the collision killed both the moose and the man. One winter, the railroad killed 24 moose in one run; an average of 750 moose are killed by the railroad each year, and over 1000 are killed on the highways each year.

Latest threads

Top Bottom