1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

When to use Model Release form

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aaephoto, Jul 14, 2008.

1. aaephoto

aaephoto

Jun 24, 2008
    New Zealand
    Hi All

I recently been asking friends to posed for me and I was wondering if I should ask them to sign a 'model release' or it does not matter if am not planning to sell the photos but only for personal use? If I do need them to sign, where can I find a simple template for general usage?

I guess what I’m trying to ask is when is the best time to use a model release?

Regards
    :smile::smile:

2. Alvin,

A model release is a good thing to get from the subject in any event if you can; the issues at hand are the subject's right to privacy and their right of publicity:

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=177719

All you need is something that says:

"I hereby give Alvin permission to use and publish photos in which I appear without incurring any debts or liabilities."

Name___ Address___ Date____ Signature ____

Sean

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. aaephoto

aaephoto

Jun 24, 2008
    New Zealand
    Thanks Sean!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.