When will I ever learn?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barriosa, Apr 25, 2007.

1. For the past two weeks I’ve been putting my gear in the trunk when I leave for work just in case there is something to stop and photograph on the drive home. I stopped doing that on Monday. When I came in to work tonight I found out that there is going to be a Medal of Honor Ceremony here at 7:45 AM!!

Talk about your missed opportunities

2. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    That is the reason my laptop bag is a backpack with a place for my camera and 4 of my favorit lenses. Well, I only have 4 lenses, but they all fit and area always with me! :biggrin:

Sorry you are going to miss the photo op.

3. bob swanson

bob swanson Guest

:wink: I'll bet Al Jacobson will be there. bsvirginian

4. Judging by my past experiences - nah, you'll never learn.

Since I stopped taking my camera to work and back, I've missed some lovely sunsets, car wrecks, birds (feathered and walking!).....

Must buy a walk-about lens.... and slip case.

5. LOL, yea I know what you mean. Sounds like a good excuse to buy a D40 or D40x and leave it in the car.

6. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    I'm glad I read this thread as I'm hoping to learn from your experience. I was thinking of selling my D50, but now I realize I should tote it around with me for just this type of scenario.

Lisa

7. Yep I'm debating on buying a used one for the same reason.

As I walked to my car I could see the bomb sniffing dogs, Navy folks decked out in their whites and VIP parking being set up. I have no idea who the VIPs were (besides the family of the winner) but doesn't the president normally award MOH's?