When you live in Northwestern Ontario, life can sometimes be ruff...

Especially when you're a male Ruffed Grouse.
Male grouse presenting 0114.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ThThat is a beautiful photo. The color of that bird is very different from that of the grouse around here.
Thanks very much Jim. The males around here when they are presenting put on quite a show for the ladies. I'm so fortunate that on a short walk around the yard I ran across this young dandy. Didn't stay too long, as the object of his affections was to my left hight up in a crab apple tree.
I see why I had a note to feature this image. Well done, featured!
Thank you very much Wade. I'm flattered and grateful that my photo brought some pleasure here.Thanks very much to whoever nominated me.
Congrats Bob. Well done. (y)
Thanks a lot Rick. I'm surprised that a short walk in my yard could lead to such a pleasant encounter...thankfully the bear visits are not as frequent now.
Congrats on the feature…well deserved!

Glenn
Thanks very much Glenn. Much appreciated.
What a lovely image! Well done!
Thanks Andreas. I love this time of year with the arrival of the courting pair of Grouse, soon the deer will be more emboldened with their daytime visits.

Such an interesting bird!

Consider cloning to eliminate the small branch in the background on the left. If you like that idea, maybe also remove the red, blurred thing "coming out of the bird's head."
Thanks for your suggestions Mike. I don't personally find the two items distracting so will leave as is. If I decide to print, I will reconsider the suggestions. Thanks again

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom