Where are all the lenses gone....

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Removed User 3, May 21, 2007.

1. Have been waiting patiently for over 3 weeks now for Nikon 85mm f 1.4.

Still no sign of it and apparently no stocks in Nikon warehouse in Europe ???

Why ...

2. Sunesha

Sunesha

May 3, 2007
    Malmoe, Sweden
    They are planing for the next D4H in Japan, so they are busy and forgot send lenses in Europe. Hmm.. (This will make internet wake up. As my sources say the D4H is fullframe super duper camera with 48 megapixels with a speed crop at 24 megapixels, also a dx format crop.) I guess I am the next rumor king of the internet.

Seriously dont know. Sweden got a shortage of lenses also.

3. While I am only interested in this one at present the guy in the shop says that all primes are very hard to get from Nikon. Maybe AF-S and VR are on the way in all lenses soon. Even higher prices then. :frown:

4. Maybe the new 85/1.4 AF-S DX VR whatever is due...? :biggrin:

Where did you buy your 85/1.4 from?
    How much?

5. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal

Soon? hmmmmm... Soon for Nikon will be late 2008 :mad::biggrin: Oh well, I'm in the same boat for my next lens...

6. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    This seems to happen every year, especially with the 85 1.4. Two summers ago I was ready to buy the 85 1.4 and found the same thing, nobody had it in stock. I ended up buying a gray-market lens from a distributor in Japan. At that time some where speculating that a new 85 1.4 AF-S was imminent, but it didn't happen.

Nikon must only make relatively small periodic batches of these lenses, and when they're gone, it can be a while before the next batch is available. I don't think you can necessarily read into it that a particular lens is about to get replaced with an updated model.

7. Billydix

Billydix

Feb 13, 2006
    Most of Nikon's fast primes are produced in limited quanities. With priority given to the news outlets/agencys. Depends on how many they need and then they add a percentage for public consumption.

8. and that makes the wait easier guys.....:Angry:

9. Get the 105mm F2 DC and shoot at F2 with the rear defocus set to F5.6.
    DSC_1032sml.

10. ...you mean if your female model is over 60 yo? :confused:

11. 60 stone?

12. And why? To get a burry image like yours?

13. PAReams

PAReams

Apr 4, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I agree...

I've been lusting over that lens for a while now (I have the 105/2.5 AIS), but that's a pretty blurry sample shot.
    Taking potshots at the bride might be a bit out-of-bounds though...

14. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    You are one classy guy Ned... nice of you to make fun of some else's work. You are a GREAT photographer for sure, but your manners leave something to be desired.

Give the guy a break...

15. ? I don't make fun! Just asking a question about why the recommendation to shoot f2@f5.6 Rear DC. It's odd and I'm aloud to ask.

As for the shot, it's not bad...

16. maybe nikon's coming out with something new

17. Nikon has to change the way of production. Until now the lenses contained lead wich is forbidden in the western world. 'With Canon it's the same at this moment.

18. weiran

weiran

Jan 2, 2007
    Nottingham, UK
    He's right though, that photo just looks out of focus.

19. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Yes... he is right... but there are better ways of saying things. :smile: