1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Where are my color profiles?

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by Porchking, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Hi,

When I converted to NX2 I seem to have lost my color profiles (Nikon RGB, Nikon SRGB, and Prophoto, along with some others. I checked my System32/spool/color folder and they weren't there. I have downloaded some Adobe RGB1998 and Srgb and prophoto profiles and they seem to be working fine but I was wondering where I can find the NIkon versions. Also, does anyone know why they would disappear? I have done a search of my hard drive and cannot find them. Thanks,

Mike

2. TomaS

TomaS

Aug 3, 2006
    Corrales, NM
    Not quite correct folder path. In Windows XP:

System32/spool/drivers/color

3. You are correct. I did a google search on my problem and one of the replies told me to look in Program Files/Common Files/ Nikon/ Profiles. I found Nikon1998 and NikonSrgb there. I copied them to the appropriate Windows folder and they appeared in NX2. I also found Prophoto on the Internet and downloaded that.

I still don't know why they disappeared in the first place.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.