1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Where are the birds?

Discussion in 'Merritt Island VI' started by alexf, Feb 23, 2009.

1. 479569394_kpGr4-O.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2010
  2. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

Alex:
    In "midwest slang terms," there are a couple of "birds" front and center (Kristin and Connie)! Nice "grab shot" of action at its best!

3. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Hilarious, Alex! I always like seeing the people pictures from the shoots. You even got a couple of faces in this one!

4. kirbinster

kirbinster

Nov 24, 2007
    NJ, USA
    That is some serious glass :) 

5. rfregoso

rfregoso

Dec 11, 2007
    Mexico City
    Great capture!
    Amazing bunch of photographers.

6. What fun to see this image again! I'm sad to learn that there won't be a Merritt Island VII....... We sure had a great time there!

7. What time of year were the Merritt island gatherings, and why is there not one this year? I was there last year in March, I guess that is too late for some birds?

8. Normally in early February. The reason for this year's cancellation is that the Viera Wetlands management, in order to save money, reduced the budget for road maintenance, so when the dirt roads are wet after a rain, they close access to cars (the place is still open but for pedestrian traffic only). It is open for cars most of the time anyway but it is too big a place to walk, and HarryB felt there were no guarantees it would be open to cars when people visited.

9. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Cancelling the shoot this year was the right move. It had been tenatively scheduled for the first week of Feb. We had rain for four of those days and the Viera Wetlands were closed for 6 of the 7 days. On top of that a shuttle launch was scheduled and the MINWR was also closed for most of that period.

Hopefully we will see some increased financial suport for the wetlands from the County this year and we can look at starting up the shoot again next year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.