1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Where can I get a bounce card for SB-800?

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by Sphinx, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx

Feb 8, 2008
    UK
    Hi,

I bought a SB-800 2nd hand and its missing the the built in bounce card.

Can someone please tell where I can order one from? or is it Nikon only?

I am based in the UK.

Thanks.

2. I'd forego that and get a Joe Demb Flip-it!

3. Sphinx

Sphinx

Feb 8, 2008
    UK
    whats a Jow Demb flip-it?

4. WayneF

WayneF

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas

You can phone Nikon support to ask them if they can supply the card. Is it missing the wide angle adapter too? See page 117 of SB-800 manual if so.

But all you need is a 3x5 inch white index card and a rubber band. You probably want to cut the card down to 2x4 inches, to better match the size of the original card. It is not rocket science. You just want to be able to reflect some light directly forward when using bounce flash. This provides a bit of fill, and also highlights in the subjects eyes.

5. I have a strip of Velcro around my flash heads for filters etc, so I just have some velcro on a business card. And use the white side as a bounce card.

6. I went to Joanne's fabrics and bought a strip of blackout cloth for about $4... despite its name, it's white. :smile: Then, I cut it according to the dimensions I wanted, and rubberbanded it to my flash. It's advantages are: 1. it will last longer than paper. 2. It's flexible, so I can do more with it. 3. It's flexible, so I can cram it into my camera bag without wrecking/ripping it. It really works well. The strip I bought was enough for 4-6 of them, and I've only used one so far.

7. Sphinx

Sphinx

Feb 8, 2008
    UK
    thanks for the tips.

Will check with nikon first.

Cheers.

8. YEKCIM

YEKCIM

Jul 27, 2007
    Alabama
    I use one of THESE. It works very well and, best of all, it's FREE!

~ed

9. I agree those are the best bounce cards! :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.