Where did my little girl go?

Discussion in 'People' started by JMontes, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Who told them they could grow up so fast? :frown: She just turned 9 last week.

Took this photo in June.....Any opinions on a crop would be great....My wife and I love the image, but I am clueless as to how to crop it...maybe it should be left as is?

[​IMG]

And I snapped this tonight. She got her first haircut with "bangs" today...she looks so much older with her hair down....sure wish that I could slow down the aging process! Can't see them in this pic, she's here copying my wife after her shower :smile:

[​IMG]

2. Hold on John, it gets faster from here. I like the portrait a lot.
    Tim

3. Awe man don't make us cry. They grow up way too fast.
    The fist pic kinda looks like she's in quick sand. Pretty cool.
    I picture with a story... "quickly sinking into a lady":smile:

4. mdruiz

mdruiz

Feb 18, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    If it aint broke...dont fix it...

5. Thanks guys. Got her with the towel off her head. It just blows me away, she looks like a totally different child with bangs...a family friend almost didn't recognize her!

Drooling away at the TV, completely unaware that I'm here :wink:

[​IMG]

6. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    They do grow so fast. It's like once they turn 10...its just down hill from there. My son is 16 and I promise you he was just 10 last year. ***insert smiling crying***. She's beautiful John!

7. Thanks Seneca, luckily she got my wife's looks and skin tone! Funny, both her and my wife saw the last shot and both think she looks like a boy....haha!

8. John, these are darling pictures of your daughter. I started to say little girl but she is too grown up for that. You asked about a crop for the first image so here would be my thoughts on that subject:

original.

This crop retains all of the important elements of the original but gives it a little personality.

9. Gordon, thanks! I like that.....I had cropped it too much to the left side when I had done it...this looks nice.

Thanks for the comments!

10. Don't tell me that.....my granddaughter has just turned 10 and we have a great relationship which I would hate to lose.

11. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    She's adorable... Gordon's crop is just right, imo.

12. Thank you Linda. It's amazing the transition over the last 2 years. She goes ballistic if her brother comes near the bathroom door when she's in there..."I need my privacy!" Oh boy, here we go!!!!! :eek: 

13. I know what you mean; my little girl turned 20 earlier this week! Man that makes me an old f***t!!!!!!

14. Hey, at least you survived! I'm worried the stress of a teenage daughter will kill me!

background checks for all potential boyfriends!!!! :Sheriff:

15. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  16. Relax guys---kids are tough--remember, WE survived our youth too! Sure, as parents we are socially and biologically programmed to worry, but as our kids grow up so do we!

Happy teen years guys!:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  17. Bunic

Bunic

Jun 27, 2006
    South Central PA
    John,

She is a b-eauty! Nice shot and great re-crop. Do you have any of her w/o an onboard flash? You need to make sure she remains your model as she grows older!

Mike

18. thanks....
    i needed that

of course, as i type this, mackenzie is in her room with 2 friends/sleepover
    i just brought them back from Cold Stone Creamery....
    http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/
    full of sugar-laden ice cream and who knows WHAT beverage (a treat for them/not their usual diet, i assure you)

thank goodness OUR bedroom is on the other side of the house
    i bet they won't get to sleep until 0300 :rolleyes: 

19. Not a whole lot without flash....but that is in the plans this weekend, updated outdoor pics of the kids :smile: Sometimes I have to remember to use my gear for it's main purpose....my kids!

Cheesecake Fantasy!!!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.