Where did my little girl go?

Who told them they could grow up so fast? :frown: She just turned 9 last week.

Took this photo in June.....Any opinions on a crop would be great....My wife and I love the image, but I am clueless as to how to crop it...maybe it should be left as is?

madbeachij2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And I snapped this tonight. She got her first haircut with "bangs" today...she looks so much older with her hair down....sure wish that I could slow down the aging process! Can't see them in this pic, she's here copying my wife after her shower :smile:

ma1gn9.jpg

Thanks guys. Got her with the towel off her head. It just blows me away, she looks like a totally different child with bangs...a family friend almost didn't recognize her!

Drooling away at the TV, completely unaware that I'm here :wink:

ma2dz8.jpg

They do grow so fast. It's like once they turn 10...its just down hill from there. My son is 16 and I promise you he was just 10 last year. ***insert smiling crying***. She's beautiful John!

Thanks Seneca, luckily she got my wife's looks and skin tone! Funny, both her and my wife saw the last shot and both think she looks like a boy....haha!

John, these are darling pictures of your daughter. I started to say little girl but she is too grown up for that. You asked about a crop for the first image so here would be my thoughts on that subject:

original.gif

This crop retains all of the important elements of the original but gives it a little personality.

Gordon, thanks! I like that.....I had cropped it too much to the left side when I had done it...this looks nice.

Thanks for the comments!

They do grow so fast. It's like once they turn 10...its just down hill from there. My son is 16 and I promise you he was just 10 last year. ***insert smiling crying***. She's beautiful John!

Don't tell me that.....my granddaughter has just turned 10 and we have a great relationship which I would hate to lose.

Thank you Linda. It's amazing the transition over the last 2 years. She goes ballistic if her brother comes near the bathroom door when she's in there..."I need my privacy!" Oh boy, here we go!!!!! :eek:

Hey, at least you survived! I'm worried the stress of a teenage daughter will kill me!

background checks for all potential boyfriends!!!! :Sheriff:

Hey, at least you survived! I'm worried the stress of a teenage daughter will kill me!

background checks for all potential boyfriends!!!! :Sheriff:

great shots, john
they DO grow up fast

i started a similar thread about my mackenzie a while back
happiness and sadness abound
https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=169493

funny that the subject of "BANGS" came up at lunch today with mackenzie

Relax guys---kids are tough--remember, WE survived our youth too! Sure, as parents we are socially and biologically programmed to worry, but as our kids grow up so do we!

Happy teen years guys!:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
John,

She is a b-eauty! Nice shot and great re-crop. Do you have any of her w/o an onboard flash? You need to make sure she remains your model as she grows older!

Mike

Relax guys---kids are tough--remember, WE survived our youth too! Sure, as parents we are socially and biologically programmed to worry, but as our kids grow up so do we!

Happy teen years guys!:wink:

thanks....
i needed that

of course, as i type this, mackenzie is in her room with 2 friends/sleepover
i just brought them back from Cold Stone Creamery....
http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/
full of sugar-laden ice cream and who knows WHAT beverage (a treat for them/not their usual diet, i assure you)

thank goodness OUR bedroom is on the other side of the house
i bet they won't get to sleep until 0300 :rolleyes:

John,

She is a b-eauty! Nice shot and great re-crop. Do you have any of her w/o an onboard flash? You need to make sure she remains your model as she grows older!

Mike

Not a whole lot without flash....but that is in the plans this weekend, updated outdoor pics of the kids :smile: Sometimes I have to remember to use my gear for it's main purpose....my kids!

spalding12 said:
of course, as i type this, mackenzie is in her room with 2 friends/sleepover
i just brought them back from Cold Stone Creamery....

Cheesecake Fantasy!!!!!!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom