1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Where did THIS weather go?

Discussion in 'People' started by spalding12, Jul 19, 2008.

1. the heat has been oppressive lately, of course
    our next 7 days:
    [​IMG]

so.....
    where did THIS weather go?

245359593_4Ygpu-XL.

2. Hey, I would love some daylight temps that low around here. But then again we typically have a 30+ degree diurnal variation so it's low to mid 60's at night! Happy sweating Greg!:biggrin:

3. yeah.....
    i guess i shouldn't complain....
    we were in panama a few years ago.... 6-8 degree diurnal temp variation
    i would NEVER be able to get used to that

4. Yeah, it's 6:43 pm here and 79º! I was at an outdoor concert last night at this time - balmy and pleasant. We'll get ours soon, though, when the monsoons sweep in from Arizona - 100+ temps with humidity and rain!

5. I much prefer the cooler temps, Greg. Actually, I would much rather have winter than 90 degree + humid.
    Can't wait for summer to get over. Pacific Northwest when I retire!

6. Dr A

Dr A

Feb 2, 2008
    State College, PA
    Who cares? Good riddens to all the jackets and coats. If only we could be so lucky here in the Happy Valley!

7. i'm right with you
    i love the cool weather
    and i keep my bedroom close to 72 when i sleep....
    my wife isn't too happy about that... especially when the electric bill arrives. :redface:

8. i imagine so....

9. Colyn

Colyn

May 24, 2008
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Is that as hot as it gets there???:cool:  :biggrin:

It was 102 here today and we can expect more of the same over the next few days..

10. Ugh! I'm just the opposite of you. I hate winter and prefer it 85 to 90 year round. I should live in Florida.

11. Right now in the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, DC it is 80 degrees at nearly 11:30 at night. Our daytimes have been in the mid-to-high 90's. Thank goodness for air conditioning and swimming pools!

12. Having my campgear packet and ready I`m holding my breath for the weather. we had a few very wet and windy days.It seems that we are having the last of it today.After thuesday it goes to sunny and 25+ celcius again.i`ll keep all my fingers and toos crossed.

13. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    We had a sudden drop here as well. It must be global warming. Hehehee.

Is that your wife? She is beautiful - I wish my hair was curly...all I have is this straight hair. I curl it then I step outside and it falls.

14. tamplum

tamplum

Feb 15, 2008
    Sacramento
    My perfect weather is fall or early spring. I like it about 68-79 degrees. Warm enough for short sleeve shirt and pants. This weather is the pits. Everything just sticks to you :p 

15. no.... it gets a BIT warmer
    but not as warm as you guys see there :eek: 
    we're lucky about that:smile:

16. the oppressive heat WILL get to you after a while
    maybe not like texas....
    but, our heat index is over 100 for days at a time
    and... when i go to the hospital at 0430 and it's 81 outside with 80% humidity.... it isn't too pretty :frown:

17. i can identify with your 80 degrees at 11 PM issues
    horrible

the deal i have with carol all these years.... she NEVER shows me the ELECTRIC BILL.. :eek: 

18. your weather surely is different than what i have, of course

19. carol has very curly hair... more so after she puts some "product" in it after a wash....

263664169_gUTG7-XL.

20. hmmmmm
    but, you live right in the heart of so many amazing MOTORCYCLE ROADS....
    www.pashnit.com

my favorite motorcycle-related site

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.