Where did you spend your Saturday?

My husband and I make a day trip to Grand Teton National Park every winter to snowshoe. Our favorite trail is the Taggart Lake Trail. If you can go on a clear day, the views of the mountains are spectacular. We have often wondered if our grandchildren would enjoy the trek. We found out yesterday. Three of our four daughters, one son-in-law, and 6 grandchildren made the trip with us yesterday. There is a lot of new snow, but warm weather the past few days has made for a nice, packed trail. I didn't even wear my snowshoes. Some of the kids took their sleds along. The packed snow made for wonderful sledding along the way. It was a red letter, bucket list, kind of day for me. One I will not soon forget. The kids had a blast, the weather was gorgeous, and the adults enjoyed themselves as well. If you ever get the chance to be there in the winter, I highly encourage it.

So grateful for modern DSLRs. I had been doing some manual shooting the night before and forgot to change my settings. Some of the pics....including this one, were badly overexposed, but I was able to recover all the detail in Lightroom!!

p774979512.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 1297944

View attachment 1297945

View attachment 1297946

Somebody doesn't want to be in the picture.... :)
View attachment 1297947

View attachment 1297948

The view from the trailhead...
View attachment 1297949

What a backdrop for sledding!!
View attachment 1297950

It will probably be a few weeks before the Visitor's Center is ready to open.

View attachment 1297951

What a fantastic day we had.... Except for little missy three year old who did not want to be photographed....their smiles say it all!!

View attachment 1297952

View attachment 1297953

Wonderful photos, Terri. And give the D600 some credit for recovering the highlights!

p.s. I'm familiar with the not-wanting-to-be-photographed syndrome. :LOL:

Wonderful photos, Terri. And give the D600 some credit for recovering the highlights!

p.s. I'm familiar with the not-wanting-to-be-photographed syndrome. :LOL:
Yes, the d600 is amazing! Once I realized what I had done, I was sure the photos were ruined. Actually, to me, the overexposed ones that I brought back down almost looked better than the properly exposed ones, for some reason.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I am completely jealous. A marvelous family outing among spectacular scenery. And fantastic images to boot. Just wonderful!

That first picture blew me away, awesome.:cool:
Thanks you. I had overexposed it so badly and was so happy I could recover the information. The d600 is awesome!
Sure looks great - ours was a safety seminar and then I had a concert . . .
thank you. Concert would be fun. Safety seminar not so much. My husband has to attend a lot of those in his line of work.
I went to Disney World on Saturday but you win.
Disney World sounds pretty awesome to me!

Spectacular in every way Terri!
Saturday we started our yearly Caribbean-dip-in-the-sun. No snow here, but lots still left back home for when we return.

Our safety seminars are usually fun - about ballooning!!! Also the concert (Celtic, along w/pipes & dancers) was SRO - quite fun, but I still think you won;)

Latest threads

Top Bottom