Where do EU and UK folks buy and sell?

Where do EU and UK folks buy and sell their used photographic equipment? There used to be some traffic in the for sale forum but it's more or less dried up completely.

I'd like to deal in the Sales forum on the Cafe however as you noted there isn't really a lot going around there for us here in the UK (or Europe as a whole for that matter).

All of the equipment in my signature (except the D50, 18-55 and 105) have been bought used on ebayUK. I have also sold two lenses and a body on there.

R

RichNY

Nikonians has recently added dedicated EU "I want to buy" and "I want to sell" forums

Where do EU and UK folks buy and sell their used photographic equipment? There used to be some traffic in the for sale forum but it's more or less dried up completely.

I do still try from time to time - alongside the US prices ours seem extortionate. That said, I (and someone else I know who lives locally) get irritated when you get a series of stupid offers from fellow Brits on decent kit.

Chris

Anything I sell on ebay, of which none is photogrpahic, is available to post worldwide.
Anything I buy, I ALLWAYS shop around, Hong Kong is a cheap mans dream, but quite often takes a while for the goods to turn upl but then again, it is far away, and the p&p is cheap.
Buying from USA:
works out, quite often that whatever I would pay in $, I would pay in £ over here in the UK, so it makes it VERY cheap sometimes, and the postage scales randomly, but so far, its all been good.
Hope this helps, Tom.

Real Name
Leif
Ebay is the best bet. Certainly when buying I have had good experiences from UK sellers, and I have sold a few items, and got good feedback.

You can always try to sell stuff through a shop such as Mifsuds on a commission basis. They take between 20% and 30% as their fee. But do not bother unless it is popular stuff.

Interesting set of replies. I've bought on Ebay but only from commercial outfits. Nothing so far from private individuals. I've never sold anything on Ebay, it scares me stiff but I have an arrangement with a friend who has built up an excellent seller's rating that he will market things I want to sell.

So far I have sold all my stuff through Ffords of Beauly, partly because I can drop it in on the way to Inverness but they take 20%. It also absolves you of any further responsibilty for the thing though which has its own value.

I only tried to sell one thing here and that was very disappointing.

Latest threads

Top Bottom