1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Where do people find the white Nikons?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by chinesestunna, Jun 6, 2007.

1. I've been seeing several copies of White 70-200 VR and 300 AF-S VR around on the net, just curious where people get these things new. It's kinda interesting since I couldn't find it at B&H or several of the other larger dealers.

2. I think they're imported version. But I might be wrong - it's happened before.

3. So you want to look like a Canon shooter :) 

Anthony

4. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    The grey 300 f2.8VR is no longer available. The other models in grey (if still available) are generally a special order item and must be sent from Japan after being requested by Nikon USA or Canada. I have a beautiful 28-70 in grey, which was brought in from Japan after an order was placed with Nikon Canada through my dealer. I prefer the grey...very nice finish, quite attractive. That has nothing to do with wanting to look like a Canon shooter, although with the new MKIII, I'm tempted!!:biggrin:

5. weiran

weiran

Jan 2, 2007
    Nottingham, UK
    I've seen the white 17-55, 70-200 and 300 being sold in Yodabashi Camera in Tokyo.

6. Mrc_

Mrc_ Guest

Do they come in pink as well?

7. Ruffles

Ruffles

May 5, 2005
    Rexburg, ID
    When I bought my 70-200 a while back, Kenmore Camera also had it in grey. It was only $100 more than black and I was really tempted but ended up passing for two reasons - First, I didn't want my friends ribbing me for being a Canon wannabe. Second (and the real reason) was the lens was a stealth purchase :) . I sold my Sigma 70-200 for the Nikkor. My wife would have noticed a big grey lens and I would have had some 'splainin to do.

8. cadman

cadman

Dec 4, 2006
    Johns Creek, GA
    I think white nikons are only found in the wilds of Borneo..

they are very fast and you can only catch a glimpse of them when they are stopped down..

but don't quote me on that

9. Taylor

Taylor

May 21, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Hahaha

I prefer the all-black Nikon colour scheme anyway. There are low-end Canon white lenses too (like the 70-200 f4) and really expensive black lenses.

10. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    Thanks that made laugh :505:

11. Hell I want one of those neoprene camo covers.

12. plusfour

plusfour Guest

They're quite widely available on the Japanese domestic market.
    A handful are officialy imported into the UK but, as far as I know, US models are all grey imports.

Yes, I know it looks like a Canon L, but 70-200VR does look cool in grey....

13. jcovert

jcovert Guest

I agree. The uglier the better. Don't ask me why. :biggrin: I like the Ice & Snow version. :) 

14. Lol, no, I found a really good deal on a 70-200 White and I didn't take it because I was afraid of that :)  well, that and also I figured that white is too easy to show wear marks and such, black also looks very classy to me.

Man, you guys are hillarious :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.