Where do people find the white Nikons?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by chinesestunna, Jun 6, 2007.

1. I've been seeing several copies of White 70-200 VR and 300 AF-S VR around on the net, just curious where people get these things new. It's kinda interesting since I couldn't find it at B&H or several of the other larger dealers.

2. I think they're imported version. But I might be wrong - it's happened before.

3. So you want to look like a Canon shooter :)

Anthony

4. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    The grey 300 f2.8VR is no longer available. The other models in grey (if still available) are generally a special order item and must be sent from Japan after being requested by Nikon USA or Canada. I have a beautiful 28-70 in grey, which was brought in from Japan after an order was placed with Nikon Canada through my dealer. I prefer the grey...very nice finish, quite attractive. That has nothing to do with wanting to look like a Canon shooter, although with the new MKIII, I'm tempted!!:biggrin:

5. weiran

weiran

Jan 2, 2007
    Nottingham, UK
    I've seen the white 17-55, 70-200 and 300 being sold in Yodabashi Camera in Tokyo.

6. Mrc_

Mrc_ Guest

Do they come in pink as well?

7. Ruffles

Ruffles

May 5, 2005
    Rexburg, ID
    When I bought my 70-200 a while back, Kenmore Camera also had it in grey. It was only $100 more than black and I was really tempted but ended up passing for two reasons - First, I didn't want my friends ribbing me for being a Canon wannabe. Second (and the real reason) was the lens was a stealth purchase :). I sold my Sigma 70-200 for the Nikkor. My wife would have noticed a big grey lens and I would have had some 'splainin to do.

8. cadman

cadman

Dec 4, 2006
    Johns Creek, GA
    I think white nikons are only found in the wilds of Borneo..

they are very fast and you can only catch a glimpse of them when they are stopped down..

but don't quote me on that

9. Taylor

Taylor

May 21, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Hahaha

I prefer the all-black Nikon colour scheme anyway. There are low-end Canon white lenses too (like the 70-200 f4) and really expensive black lenses.

10. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    Thanks that made laugh :505:

11. Hell I want one of those neoprene camo covers.

12. plusfour

plusfour Guest

They're quite widely available on the Japanese domestic market.
    A handful are officialy imported into the UK but, as far as I know, US models are all grey imports.

Yes, I know it looks like a Canon L, but 70-200VR does look cool in grey....

13. jcovert

jcovert Guest

I agree. The uglier the better. Don't ask me why. :biggrin: I like the Ice & Snow version. :)

14. Lol, no, I found a really good deal on a 70-200 White and I didn't take it because I was afraid of that :) well, that and also I figured that white is too easy to show wear marks and such, black also looks very classy to me.

Man, you guys are hillarious :)