Where do people find the white Nikons?

C

chinesestunna

I've been seeing several copies of White 70-200 VR and 300 AF-S VR around on the net, just curious where people get these things new. It's kinda interesting since I couldn't find it at B&H or several of the other larger dealers.

The grey 300 f2.8VR is no longer available. The other models in grey (if still available) are generally a special order item and must be sent from Japan after being requested by Nikon USA or Canada. I have a beautiful 28-70 in grey, which was brought in from Japan after an order was placed with Nikon Canada through my dealer. I prefer the grey...very nice finish, quite attractive. That has nothing to do with wanting to look like a Canon shooter, although with the new MKIII, I'm tempted!!:biggrin:

When I bought my 70-200 a while back, Kenmore Camera also had it in grey. It was only $100 more than black and I was really tempted but ended up passing for two reasons - First, I didn't want my friends ribbing me for being a Canon wannabe. Second (and the real reason) was the lens was a stealth purchase :). I sold my Sigma 70-200 for the Nikkor. My wife would have noticed a big grey lens and I would have had some 'splainin to do.

I think white nikons are only found in the wilds of Borneo..

they are very fast and you can only catch a glimpse of them when they are stopped down..

but don't quote me on that

Hahaha

I prefer the all-black Nikon colour scheme anyway. There are low-end Canon white lenses too (like the 70-200 f4) and really expensive black lenses.

P

plusfour

They're quite widely available on the Japanese domestic market.
A handful are officialy imported into the UK but, as far as I know, US models are all grey imports.

Yes, I know it looks like a Canon L, but 70-200VR does look cool in grey....

C

chinesestunna

So you want to look like a Canon shooter :)

Anthony

Lol, no, I found a really good deal on a 70-200 White and I didn't take it because I was afraid of that :) well, that and also I figured that white is too easy to show wear marks and such, black also looks very classy to me.

Originally Posted by cadman View Post
I think white nikons are only found in the wilds of Borneo..

they are very fast and you can only catch a glimpse of them when they are stopped down..

but don't quote me on that

Man, you guys are hillarious :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom