1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Where do you buy your lenses? (24-70)

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by pterodactyl, Jul 29, 2009.

1. pterodactyl

pterodactyl Guest

Do you have a particular place you like to buy your lenses? Online? Local shop?

I would like to pick up a 24-70/f2.8 in the next week or two, but I'm really not sure where to buy. I bought my 70-200 through Amazon, but I'm wondering if Nikon will honor the extended warranty (I'm not sure if they're an authorized dealer).

I guess there are a few factors to consider:

1) Price
    2) Authorized Dealer?
    3) Availability
    4) Reputation
    5) Tax/Shipping

I've searched & haven't been able to come up with anything thus far. I rented the 24-70 about a month ago & I just can't hold off any longer! Here are a couple pictures taken within a couple hours of picking it up (on a D80):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I apologize in advance if this is covered elsewhere--perhaps my noob status will let me off the hook. :) 

2. Local shop for me. Owner and I are good buds so he gives me a slight discount on photog stuff.

3. jaydog

jaydog

Jun 26, 2007
    chicagoland
    Unfortunatly the only local camera store I have is Wolf camera. They rarely have anything I would want in stock and they are seriously over priced anyway so I buy everything from B&H. I could not be happier with them. No reason to look anywhere else.

4. Allens Camera has been my 'Go To' for the past couple years.

5. Merkin

Merkin Guest

I don't particularly enjoy doing business with Adorama, but they often have the best prices, so I begrudgingly shop there. For used gear, KEH is king. I try not to shop at B&H because of their labor practices (not trying to get political, just stating a fact that they got busted for it last year).

6. I usually purchase the 24-70 @ Jon's Free Camera Shop, located in my dreams!!

7. RedTownCats

RedTownCats

Jun 23, 2007
    UK
    Nikon have a list of Authorized Resellers on their website: http://nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/WhereToBuy.page?

Note you can download the complete list as a PDF.

Amazon.com is on the list though you should make sure you buying from Amazon itself and not another dealer through their marketplace.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.