Where do you buy your lenses? (24-70)

P

pterodactyl

Do you have a particular place you like to buy your lenses? Online? Local shop?

I would like to pick up a 24-70/f2.8 in the next week or two, but I'm really not sure where to buy. I bought my 70-200 through Amazon, but I'm wondering if Nikon will honor the extended warranty (I'm not sure if they're an authorized dealer).

I guess there are a few factors to consider:

1) Price
2) Authorized Dealer?
3) Availability
4) Reputation
5) Tax/Shipping

I've searched & haven't been able to come up with anything thus far. I rented the 24-70 about a month ago & I just can't hold off any longer! Here are a couple pictures taken within a couple hours of picking it up (on a D80):

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I apologize in advance if this is covered elsewhere--perhaps my noob status will let me off the hook. :)

Unfortunatly the only local camera store I have is Wolf camera. They rarely have anything I would want in stock and they are seriously over priced anyway so I buy everything from B&H. I could not be happier with them. No reason to look anywhere else.

M

Merkin

I don't particularly enjoy doing business with Adorama, but they often have the best prices, so I begrudgingly shop there. For used gear, KEH is king. I try not to shop at B&H because of their labor practices (not trying to get political, just stating a fact that they got busted for it last year).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom