Where do you store your equipment?

Reading another thread https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=238593 got me wondering where people with large collections of equipment keep them.
Do you keep your lenses and cameras on shelves, in a closet, under the bed.

Actually, a china cabinet would be a great place, no dust etc. Note to self; talk to wife about this idea.

Right now I have just enough stuff to keep in my bag, plus a couple of odds and ends on my desk, somewhere under all the clutter:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
In camera bags which I then put in a suitcase. If I desire to drive somewhere to take pictures, I just put the entire suitcase in my car.

-jeff

I need a better solution. Current setup is camera bag with whatever I last took out, then an old gym bag with the extra lenses and other odds and ends. I was thinking of outfitting one of those big rubbermade tubs with some foam blocky stuff. Any thoughts on a good diy source for foam blocky stuff?

I built shelves in the closet of my office at home. They also are out on my desk sometimes in between use.

I always store my equipment inside a dry box (set the humidity to 40%)
because here in Indonesia, the humidity is around 80-90%
Bad for camera and lens

It seems that the consensus is to have stuff "in something", that makes sense protection wise. I had read a post where someone was talking about putting his gear on shelving. I was eyeing up clearing one of my bookshelves off and using that.
But really, that's not a good idea now that I think about it, and besides, it will give me an excuse to buy more camera bags. . whoot! :579:

i just keep my stuff in my walkaround bag. the other random stuff i keep in a large photo backpack. one day I will have a gun safe for my camera gear!

the top drawer
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
NOW THAT IS SWEET!!!! Very nice set up.. I might have to steal that idea from you! awesome.

this was my wife's idea - I was cleaning out my dresser in the bed room when she suggested I use it for my camera gear. The top drawer holds my cameras and lenses and the other drawers hold my lighting equipment, tripods and monopods, printing supplies and then there is a drawer for other photography related gear.

not great pictures, but they will give you the idea;
the dresser

the top drawer

other that picking me this is one of my wifes best ideas :biggrin:

as a side note - when i travel I use pelican cases
Oh my God! Fantastic idea!

Edward, that looks like a great idea, however, the older glass and cameras are usually heavy. Did you have to reinforce the drawers?

I use and old glass gun display counter (sliding doors in the rear) for all my camera equipment. I have a small collection of about 60 bodies and 30 lenses keep in that counter. It looks nice and keeps dust and children's finger prints off the equipment.

Two wheeled cases, Pelican 1510 and ThinkTank Airport Security, locked in a gun safe (bolted to the floor). Also two kits in smaller Lowepro bags for easy grab and go.

James

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom