Where do you upload and share your photos? (Photo Blog)

Hi guys, I'm looking for a good place where I can upload high quality images and share with people. I like the blog idea which you can receive commons from people and also write some stories. So if you have a favorite site please share with me and others :Love: (Prefer FREE sites :p)

I

iLLMaCK

smugmug
flickr
blogs
pbase
photobucket

I use smugmug & a blog.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use smugmug. Not free, but they offer a free 14-day trial.

Flickr is the only site given so far with a "free" option but it's pretty limited. There is a monthly upload limit and I think others cannot download full-size images from a free account.

Still, the subscriptions are not that expensive--certainly not compared to the price of DSLR equipment. I think Flickr is something like $25/year and smugmug is around $40/year for the basic subscription (still includes unlimited uploads and downloads).

If you like the idea of others commenting on your photos and being part of a community, Flickr is probably your best option. And you can start out with a free account and see if that's good enough for you. Personally the "photostream" viewing model drives me crazy, but I must be in the minority.

Thanks guys, I found aminus3.com, it looks cool and completely free. Anyone got experience with them?

I use my own hosting provider with the Plogger album software. It integrates nicely in Wordpress and I have full control over what I want.

Another free option is PicasaWeb.

I expected to see more Zenfolio fans.

I have been using fotki, but once the annual subscription expires I'll be ditching it in favor of either pbase or zenfolio

Exposure Manager. Not free but where is sell and place for viewing. I set the size, gallery layout. You have lots of control and unlimited space. Nice place for the pro or simi-pro.

Until a couple of weeks ago I used .mac. Now I use zenfolio. So far I have been very impressed. Check it out if you have a minute or two.

Latest threads

Top Bottom