Where has everyone gone?

Heya Dez!
I have slowed down my presence in the Cafe substantially. That because I shoot substantially less frequently.
I miss shooting more often a lot, but since some time now work has been increasingly taking over my life with a lot less time for my leisure activities.

Earlier this year I was contemplating to switch format completely, which would have meant letting go of my Nikon gear. Since then I have reconsidered and reconfirmed my commitment by getting a D3x (although I have a hard time letting my MF gear go :smile: - it is so awesome!).

I do check the forum daily and I look forward to shooting more.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Out of town, and editing graduation pics. On top of that, I've been really busy lately with household projects and other things. In fact, the only time I've really picked up my camera recently was when I left town the other week to take the graduation pics.

Hopefully things will ease up soon, and I'll get back to shooting. Until then, I just peruse the Cafe to see what everyone else has been doing.

As far as landscape shooting goes (which I generally shoot mostly), I find that this time of year is the least "inspiring" - at least around here.

Autumn and winter both provide much more dramatic lighting and colors. (Or maybe it's because I'd have to wake up sooo.... much earlier this time of year in order to get the early morning light - and deal with the bugs. :biggrin:) With all the greenery around, I either use my IR-modified camera more during this time of year, or I shoot flowers. And those pics all end up being posted in other forums.

So although my rate of shooting has only slowed down a little, my "keeper rate" for non-IR landscapes is pretty low this time of year. Maybe I just don't have the knack for spring/summer landscapes. :redface:

Well, let's not let the forum die.

I enjoy contributing here and I enjoy viewing photos from all of you, all over the world :smile:

Normally up at the lake shooting but have to bear the grit of the city due to muchos closings this week! :biggrin: Not a bad problem to have these days. I'll get back up there and grab a sunset pano for ya, Dez.

Yes, I too am disappointed that you've got a text-only post. Rats! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom