Where has this pane gone in Lightroom 2?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by puddleduck, Jul 30, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

I cannot find a nice way to browse by camera, lens etc anymore?

Anyone found it?!

2. Micky

Micky

Feb 29, 2008
    Vermont
    Along (near) the top...

In the Library module, look along the top for the Metadata filter.

3. maui_minded

maui_minded

Oct 30, 2007
    Colorado
    ...and while in Grid View - not Loupe or other views.

4. Johnny Yuma

Johnny Yuma

Jun 27, 2007
    SE MI
    If you are referring to Metedata. It has been moved over to the right panel.

5. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    The Metadata browser is along the top, and you can add or remove the fields to use

6. Thanks, found it - I don't like the new pane, it eats into screen space, much preferred the previous version that was on the left, there is now unused empty dead space where it was on LR2.

Bit of a UI faux pas, or is is just me?

7. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    100% agree screen space, I liked it better the other way as well. But most of my catalogs have enough locations and collections as to eat up the space.

Only benefit I see is being able to select multiple items in the metadata browser (before it was single selection). As for UI faux pas? Yes and no (putting on my old IT hat on). Everything on the left is a single item select, things that were on the bottom (flags, ratings, colors) could be multi select. So in that way it makes sense because mixing single and multi select in the same area might be confusing.

8. No, I agree. I'm not so keen on it either. The way it drops down and eats into the thumbnails isn't great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.