Where is everybody?

3 days seems to be a long time for no posts. I guess everyone knows everything there is to know about NX2, unless they are all waiting for a new release....:smile::biggrin:

Don't use NX2.....I am a LightRoomer all the way......started wtih it whole being a Konica Minolta User and really like it........as the saying should go......Momma don't take my LightRoom a way...........

I am about to pull trigger on a new desktop, hoping it will result in big imporvements to NX2 speed. Then I plan to use a lot more of the features without long waits between clicks.

....so I will be here.

No long waits as I see it on my IMAC

Did you find the secret for doing this? I have a dual 2G G5 running 10.4.11 and have tried increasing the RAM and moving the cache to another internal hard drive. Neither of these steps has made a noticeable improvement in speed. I still get significant intermittent delays for such simple things as zooming in, changing the exposure or saving an edited file. I think generally the first zoom in an image is the longest, with the image window even going blank for a while.

I generally deal with at most 40 photos at one time and couldn't imagine using NX 2 for many more. I like the results but the waiting is very frustrating.

Barry

Did you find the secret for doing this? I have a dual 2G G5 running 10.4.11 and have tried increasing the RAM and moving the cache to another internal hard drive. Neither of these steps has made a noticeable improvement in speed. I still get significant intermittent delays for such simple things as zooming in, changing the exposure or saving an edited file. I think generally the first zoom in an image is the longest, with the image window even going blank for a while.

I generally deal with at most 40 photos at one time and couldn't imagine using NX 2 for many more. I like the results but the waiting is very frustrating.

Barry

Two things. First, how much ram do you have? When I installed 4 gb, up from 1 gb, i noticed a marked improvement. Second, 40 photos? At once? really? I can't even imagine trying to open 40 photos at the same time in any program and editing something.

Real Name
Alex
I do up to six at a time at a decent enough speed. Doing this for a few sets of six, screws up internal memory management (cleanup), and it gets extra slow. I close and reopen and start afresh (dual core - 4GB).

Two things. First, how much ram do you have? When I installed 4 gb, up from 1 gb, i noticed a marked improvement. Second, 40 photos? At once? really? I can't even imagine trying to open 40 photos at the same time in any program and editing something.

I had 1.5 GB and raised it to 5.5 GB.

Clarification: I don't open 40 photos at once. I may need to process a total of 40 photos at any one sitting. I open at most three related photos at a time.

Barry

As I posted in the PC forum, I have seen a huge increase in speed in CNX2 with a new Intel i7-920 machine. 6 GB RAM.

I have both machines side by side while I transfer data, and I timed my old Pentium 3 ghz, 1 GB Dimension 8400 at 14 seconds to open a NEF file, my new machine (Dell Studio XPS) opened the same file in about 1 second.

Latest threads

Top Bottom