Where is the For Sale forum?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by smodak, Jun 19, 2007.

1. smodak

Jun 11, 2007
    Franklin MA US
    I see references of it in posts here but I cannot seem to find the forum...where is it?:confused:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2007
  2. Daniel Bates

Daniel Bates

Jan 9, 2007
    You have to have 25 posts and 30 days membership before you can see it.
  3. smodak

Jun 11, 2007
    Franklin MA US
    Why is that? May be I cannot post in that forum, but I cannot even look? That's weird:eek:
  4. SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. I am new here too, but I think having to wait the 30 days is a great idea.

6. epicfish

May 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yea...I think it helps to ensure that buyers and sellers are somewhat reliable and are willing to stick around here. :)
  7. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Guest

Agreed it's a good idea, especially for selling - I would think it could help to establish some sort of background story for the sellers, making the overall transaction more trustworthy.

On the buying side, though - I must admit I am paranoid that I'm missing out on some amazing deal right now! haha

On the whole, it's refreshing to see something that's not catering to 'instant gratification' in the world of ebay and drive throughs.
  8. catspj

May 16, 2007
    New England
    I also wish that you could at least look at the for sale forum, even if you couldn't use it. Oh well, Im jsut going to have to wait. It's taking me quite a while to post because of that nasty 4 letter word "Work"
  9. Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    HA! I understand Sandra. The rationale for the delay is that the intent and mission of the Cafe is to provide a place to discuss and show our photography, not as a trading hub. There are plenty of other places to buy and sell stuff. We do, however see that there is a need for members to trade, buy and sell their own equipment, so we have a For Sale forum to accommodate that. I look forward to your active involvement in the many areas of interest that we offer! (And sooner than you think, the FS forum will just appear!)

By the way, having asked the question, I think that you need to read this before using the For Sale forum.

Happy shooting!
  10. I am new here too. I guss rule is the rule. Seams this is good place and worth to wait.
  11. Iocol

Jun 8, 2007
    I agree

I've been here lurking for over a month but I think the 25 post rule is good - helps separate the wheat from the chaffe...
  12. A computer forum I browse has it set that you need 100 posts before you can get in the classifieds or the open forums. Also they require ISP email addresses when you register. Basically if you use free email addies they wont let you regster. Thats a bit extreme, but their site, their rules.
  13. smodak

Jun 11, 2007
    Franklin MA US
    Only if I could spell :Sad:
  14. Hi. The reqirements for gaining access to the For Sale forum are 25 posts and 30 days. Once that is reached the new member will be given access.

For Sale rules are linked here. Please give them a read, they are ammended from time to time. Some noteworthy aspects are no links to other sites, including eBay, items for sale MUST have an asking price. Posts in other forums which effectively offer items for sale indirectly will be removed. Commercial sales are prohibited. The equipment must be owned by the member, and not "turned". Sales of duplicate items are normally prohibited; permission must be obained in advance to do so.

Thanks, Rich
  15. c_suppasit

c_suppasit Guest

I've been here for a few months but haven't posted any comments because of my poor English. T_T
  16. Butchdog

May 29, 2007
    I've wondered about the For Sale section as well.
    Now I know.
    Thanks for the clearing that up.
  17. cadman

Dec 4, 2006
    Johns Creek, GA
    Don't worry, even those of us with english as our native language are prone to poor English.

The fact that it concerns you tells me a lot about your character.

Welcome aboard!
  18. vadimg

May 23, 2007
    ny, ny
    I also think it's a good idea. That way a person needs to show some dedication. Although I wish there was a way of being able to use another website to vouch for one's reliability, say Fred Miranda. But, it doesn't matter too much.
  19. smodak

Jun 11, 2007
    Franklin MA US
    I see it Now