Where is the winter gone?

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
This complete season we didn't had snow around the house.
Well, no shovling so far... ;) :) :D

But now I know where it is hiding!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Look at the entrance door to the right - "Winter Entrance"...

Mr. Winter is sitting in a Café having a hot chocolate

Enjoy
Klaus

Well, no shovling so far... ;) :)
I've lived in my area since 1972 and for the first time that I can remember, we might get through the winter season without having to shovel snow. It would actually be more accurate to say that we haven't even been able to shovel snow; at most, we could have swept it. Weather gurus are predicting the fifth warmest February on record in my area. If that holds, it's likely that we'll get through the season without using the shovel.

Last edited:
The jet stream patterns this winter have kept the really cold air locked up north. Northern midwestern U.S. has had tons of snow.

We had one four-inch snow back on January 7th which disappeared within 24 hours.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Your task, Klaus, is to find the Winter Ausfahrt, and block the door behind him/her after it goes out!

We had snow enough to shovel, but it all came in December/January, when it should. Unlike last year when we got more than a season's snow in February. This year it was all wet, heavy backbreaking stuff. An anonymous good samaritan drives his 4-wheelr snow plow down the neighborhood sidewalks at about 7 am after a snow—bless him.

We have 8 feet on the ground and it is still accumulating, March and April usually brings some big storms.

I've lived in my area since 1972 and for the first time that I can remember, we might get through the winter season without having to shovel snow. It would actually be more accurate to say that we haven't even been able to shovel snow; at most, we could have swept it. Weather gurus are predicting the fifth warmest February on record in my area. If that holds, it's likely that we'll get through the season without using the shovel.
I have been really delighted with our winter this year and I fervently hope that this no-snow process continues! I'm quite happy without it, thank you very much! The other day when out on my deck I snapped a photo of my lonely unused snow shovels and brush -- they looked quite forlorn! LOL!

One person reminded me today of the March 13, 1993 blizzard and another person reminded me of the April snowfall that messed up the cherry blossoms. Regardless, I'm enjoying every moment of wishful thinking!
Oh, yeah, I remember that blizzard -- it was a doozy! Also, snow in April was less than a happy surprise, too...... So, yep, we are not out of the woods yet!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom