Where is this?

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by SteveK, May 6, 2007.

1. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Following John's "where is this" thread, I thought I'd put up a teaser for you guys. Hint: These round buildings are among the oldest human structures, dating from 7,500 to 10,000 years ago.

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think I was born in one of those.
    But won't give the secret away:>)))

Nice shot

3. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Good one Gale! These structures are thought to be tombs....not exactly a good place for a birth!

4. Hmmm somewhere between the Tigress and Euphrates rivers???

5. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    You are too far to the east.....and Iraq isn't high on my list of countries I've ever wanted to visit.....

6. Berring straight??? May be mispelled

7. Ok I am stumped. To my knowledge the American continents don't have any thing that old. Even the Anastasie supposedly came over the land bridge.

So now I am thinking....Isreal, or Egypt.

8. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    No, Matt was closer to the part of the world where this is, just too far to the east.

9. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Matt is correct. Egypt, sourthern Sinai to be exact. These are Nawamis, structures built by neo-lithic peoples as tombs (it is believed). The only light inside the structure comes from the small doors which all point to the west.