Where to buy a D50?

I thought I found a NEW D50 but I don't think the store is an authorized Nikon dealer. Any suggestions for reputable sellers? Thank you.

What are your thoughts on buying used, refurbished or demos?
Nikon gives the refurbs a 90 day warranty, and Cameta gives a 1 year warranty. I have read many posts with satsified buyers of refurb cameras. You stand a good chance that any bugs or issues have been resolevd, and that you will have a troublefree camera.

I buy at B&H
Buy alot right here to.
I am tired of buying new equp and losing $$$$...lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you for the sites. I'm going to check them out.

Is there a sell forum here? I don't see one.

So what does it mean when a reputable seller says it's in mint condition (10), bought from a show and refurbished? The warranty is 60 days.

Also, would you just buy the body or for $100 more get the kit with the 18-55mm DX Zoom Nikkor Lens?

So what does it mean when a reputable seller says it's in mint condition (10), bought from a show and refurbished? The warranty is 60 days.

Also, would you just buy the body or for $100 more get the kit with the 18-55mm DX Zoom Nikkor Lens?
From a reputable seller, that would be like new, but refurbished with a 60 day warranty. You need to know if it is a Nikon warranty and/or store warranty, some offer both. This would probably be a sample camera from a trade show.

I bought the body only, but the kit lenses are usually better than they are supposed to be, so I would probably go for the kit lens. 18-55 is a decent walk around lens, similar to 24-85 in 35mm terms.

I second the recommendation to buy used if from someone here or from someone with a good track record on another forum. I just bought a D50 from Tosh here and it is like new.

What do you think about buying the extended warranty? I think it's around $35 for 2 years?

I purchased my refurb'd D50 from Adorama. No complaints.

I'm not generally a proponent of extended warranties but that seems like a rather minor expense. Be sure to read the fine print (conditional restrictions) and check to see if its transferrable. A transferrable warranty can be attractive if you sell it in the future to upgrade. But don't be a twit like myself, keep the D50 even when you do eventually upgrade... then you won't have to buy another one like I did :redface:

E

eekjem

Nikon D50

I would look at some local office depot,staples,ritz stores etc... you never know what they have lost under acounter or in the back room!
Good Luck
Jeff

R

rodneyr

KEH.com is a good bet. Avoid at all cost the places with the really low prices.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom