Where to find Nikon polarizer case (or similar hard plastic case)

Somewhere along the way I lost the Nikon case that came with my 67mm PL-II polarizing filter (the thin version). The case was great because it was small and locked with the little tab which could be easily and quickly opened with one hand but was still very secure. Seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimatwood/1558379766/

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to where to pick up a replacement, either Nikon or off brand as longs as it's similar. Thanks!

I lost mine for my 77mm Nikon thin mount and called Nikon. They said they haven't made any filters in years. Maybe you could find a cheaper Nikon filter like I did. I lucked up on ebay with a 77mm Nikon Red Filter with the same style case. Good luck on your search.

IsamuM

Not-quite-
I lost mine for my 77mm Nikon thin mount and called Nikon. They said they haven't made any filters in years.
Apparently someone at Nikon USA (I'm assuming that's who you called) doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Nikon still makes neutral color filters, soft focus filters, CPLs and the bayonet filters for its fisheyes/ultrawideangles. They are readily available direct through Nikon's Japanese website.

In the U.S. they are available at B&H and Adorama.

I don't think the cases are available separately.

B&H has plastic B+W filter cases available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the links. The B&W cases are pretty good, but it looks like the replacement ones sold by B&H don't have the foam inserts and I'd have to buy an oversized version since they only offer 62 or 82mm.

Even the filter wallets that are designed for easy use seem pretty poorly designed with scratchy nylon between the filters instead of some kind of cloth or microfiber. I guess I'll keep looking...

I have a new 67mm Nikon CPL thin mount digital polarizer and case I am willig to sell if your interesed. Brand new put on lense twice. Think I still have the receipt

Latest posts

Top Bottom