Where to get a nikon 70-200mm 2.8?

Man, those things go quick! I was waiting and waiting for my paycheck to hit my account till today, and now B&H and J&R are both out.
Can someone recommend another decent shop that has them in stock?

I got lucky last week with a local brick & mortar store. Couldn't find one online and happened to call the local store, they had 3! By lunch the next day, I picked up the last one they had.

Maybe try locally?

Good Luck!

Bill

I live on the west side of Maui. While it is a great place to live, we don't have much for camera stores.

17th street photo says they have them stock right now. I do not have experience with them personally, but hear good things.

Sorry for the back to back to back posts, but has anyone dealt with "Lenses n' more"? They list it online for just shy of $1400. How is that possible?

Just by searching on them, I turned up so many negative responses, buyer beware! If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. You could buy it backordered from B&H....or let them notify you when it comes in. You could call 17th Street...

Some other folks said there may be a new version coming out in the future, but not really sure how much lower the price would go. These things don't seem to drop in price much even used from what I can tell.

I would try searching the lens lust forums for 70-200 2.8. There are some prior suggestions in there as well. I saw:
http://www.allenscamera.com/ and http://www.samys.com/ listed by other members. Might be more

I don't think the price on used ones will drop much at all. For one thing, the new ones will be just as hard to get making used samples of the current lens in high demand. For another thing, great Nikon glass seems to never loose value (in fact some if it goes UP as time goes on). Know all of those 80-200 2.8 push pulls that sell for $600 now??? Grab a B&H catalog or old Pop Photo mag from the late 80's and check the price on them. You guessed it.. $600!!!!

I found one from a fellow cafe member. I hop it gets here by Friday for my trip this weekend.

Latest threads

Top Bottom